ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet (RS2 style) for 182

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Thats pretty s**t just potentially wasted £850 to make my car slower..... i still think iam going to get it mapped anyway and just see if i can get any sort of improvement. The inlet in staying on now as its only a track car. Not exactly impressed with the rs2 results to be fair as well idont think thats worth the money either, but at least it improves on the stock intake!

Sadly that's the risk taken. The rs2 has made more power, but it'll be how it holds the torque. In driving them back to back you could certainly feel where one was better than the other.

It's not so much about peak numbers, it's the delivery. The rs2'always lost torque (peak) but gained it elsewhere.

Clio 200
Just curious but how come the duty cycles are different above 4500 if it's open loop? I would have thought once open it'll use the pre-defined values in the map so would be the same for all 3? - The difference in airflow then being directly referenceable by AFR?
I must be missing something though as clearly it's not the case!

It seems the standard inlet is the leanest for most of the graph too?

Just curious but how come the duty cycles are different above 4500 if it's open loop? I would have thought once open it'll use the pre-defined values in the map so would be the same for all 3? - The difference in airflow then being directly referenceable by AFR?
I must be missing something though as clearly it's not the case!

It seems the standard inlet is the leanest for most of the graph too?

These cars are strange in the sense that they look at the closed loop corrections then apply the fuel trims globally. Which gives the difference in duty cycles.

Yes the Matched OEM inlet with KTR IK certainly flows well at the midrange, only really over 6500rpm where the rs2 comes into its own. (Admittedly we do have a lower duty cycle, but certainly not as much as the AFR's are being affected by.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Thanks for taking the time to do this dan, to be fair torque is what i was after not a headline bhp figure so if the inlet improves that it wont be a total loss. Going to book mine in at rs tomorrow for 3rd week in november. So when i have results i will put them up.

Clio 200
These cars are strange in the sense that they look at the closed loop corrections then apply the fuel trims globally. Which gives the difference in duty cycles.

Yes the Matched OEM inlet with KTR IK certainly flows well at the midrange, only really over 6500rpm where the rs2 comes into its own. (Admittedly we do have a lower duty cycle, but certainly not as much as the AFR's are being affected by.

Bloody OEM ECU's, the more I know the less I know it seems. Moral of the story, standalone and ITB's!

Cheers

Ex 182 owner
So we will log on to KTR website tomorrow and see no stock on lower manifolds and new "new improved" BHP figuers on everything else. :)

Dan, Thanks for making the effort and typing it up.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Graphs
20151124_114254-1024x1820.jpg
20151124_114309-1280x720.jpg

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
edit:

ignore me,
I'm a t**t who can't read.
No it wasnt tested before the inlet was installed but there is a significant increase in standard for sure these cars struggle to make 172 anyway

306 gti6, Clio 182
Good result!

My inlets for sale now hopefully some one will want it now lol

I always liked the way it drove when I had it fitted the throttle respones was maga and pulled very well low down

172 cup, Impreza P1
Good result!

My inlets for sale now hopefully some one will want it now lol

I always liked the way it drove when I had it fitted the throttle respones was maga and pulled very well low down

Why did you remove it then?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Because NA tuning is s**t, gone turbo!
This manifold sounds perfect for a turbo build so why go back to the old 2 piece inlet manifold?

If you get a manifold that works well for NA and can cope with a bit of pressure, it will work even better for boost!

306 gti6, Clio 182
I was going to try it but turbo kit on standard manifold is tired and test so I know what to expect, went for Engine Dynamics 230 kit got 237 bhp and 232 pound ft of torque, it's just unreal how it drives should have done it ages ago!
Plus hopefully get a bit of money back on the inlet, will be in the for sale section soon!

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Iam going to run a supercharger on my inlet, its one of the original reasons i bought it.

I am going down a similar route with my build, would you or someone be able to provide me with a link as to where i can buy this?

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
I tried them but they have nothing Renault specific on their website?
You dont need renault specific just the charger kit the c90-30 is the one you want. I have the full bracket assembly and belts for sale if you are interested as iam no longer doing the conversion.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I got my sm inlet kit a while ago but I've not fitted it yet, I noticed people are getting silicone hoses for air filters, does anyone know the length/diameter/bend angle of this hose so I can get one ordered up? Also are people able to keep the battery in place when fitting? The ones I've seen have all relocated it

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
To the above I got a 5 degree bend had to cut away a bit of the bracket but it's sits perfect above my caf. as for the claims about the inlet my car made 188 and that was with 2 holes in my exhaust and my knock sensor not connected,
After that was sorted made 197 on a local dyno torque was still flat at 150.
Before anyone starts I know dynos are all off.

The car is a lot faster and smoother.

I'm so impressed with the change I'm going turbo and having it mapped by chris.

Is the inlet worth 600 quid
Yes all day long.
received_1118969424890902.jpeg