ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed windscreen - Could I drive it?!

Arctic 182
So this happened yesterday,
avany7es.jpg
udevugu5.jpg

The hole is about the size of a 5p coin. I've popped some clear mastic in the hole to keep the rain out & had a Hoover ETC. Sketchy details about the law & if a crack obstructs the view of the driver. But if I take it easy & stay at 40mph could I drive it?

I've got work tomorrow & auto glass can't come until Sunday. I don't use the motorway, mainly B roads (maybe a2 if I go to the gfs) I can leave it on the drive if need be but you know what it's like when you need the car!
Cheers.

Arctic 182
It's risky, if you went through a bump or pothole it could give at any time.

Yeah that's true, the roads round here are terrible as well. Plus cup suspension & springs doesn't make for the smoothest of rides!

Actual lol at that gally, giggling like a a schoolgirl here!! Like a glove :D

it will be fine to get to home or work so you can get it sorted , it won't smash into peaces or fall out its a modern tough laminated screen .

As the cracks are in your field of vision its an mot fail though :)

Arctic 182
it will be fine to get to home or work so you can get it sorted , it won't smash into peaces or fall out its a modern tough laminated screen .

As the cracks are in your field of vision its an mot fail though :)

I got it home from after it happened yesterday mate, it seemed ok but I'm not sure if I can take the piss & keep driving it! Probably best to leave it on the drive though & avoid any aggro or a tug from old bill!

Another question as I am stupid & didn't think in my OP; what are the black circles at the very top of the screen? I'm not sure if it's a sensor of some kind because cup & there's nothing to sense lol.

Arctic 182
Thanks for the opinions guys but I'm probably gonna leave it on the drive, I've got lifts for work sorted now!
I was behind some big truck thing & something flew out & hit me. I tried to look behind the mirror, like move it to see & it went pop!

Westfield, 182, 200
If you get pulled, talk polish! (Apologies of you're polish)

Seriously, if you're not happy, don't drive it!

Arctic 182
If you get pulled, talk polish! (Apologies of you're polish)

Seriously, if you're not happy, don't drive it!

Me sorry me no speak English ;)
As tempting & depressing as it is, I know I can't drive it. Gotta wait for auto glass to pull their finger out!