ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SMD kits

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Afternoon All,

Has anyone actually fitted one of the conversion kits, tried finding a guide but not seen any.

can get the dash apart fine but what I can't figure out if is how to sort the screens ( trip, AC and radio one ) out as I'm sure they'll mix the orange with Blue?

Not seen many pics of these anyone got any methods or guides they can post?

I have done the dash conversion myself, never buy a kit they're overpriced.

LCDs normally have a filter but these don't you just need to change the SMDs to your preferred colour and they take on that colour.

Try searching for led dash conversion. There's also a video on YouTube :)

gy3aby5e.jpg

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I have done the dash conversion myself, never buy a kit they're overpriced.

LCDs normally have a filter but these don't you just need to change the SMDs to your preferred colour and they take on that colour.

Try searching for led dash conversion. There's also a video on YouTube :)

gy3aby5e.jpg

U need to do mine

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Haha can do!

Do you have climate control too? They need loads of SMDs, like around 20.

Normal heater panels need to have a filter removed from inside then change 2 T5 'dashboard' bulbs then bingo.

Sweet ill get money ur way of cause
No normal heater.
I want mine to look the same as urs but not got climate control.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Serious though, i would pay someone to do that, looks so much better, boss job there.

makes me want to come to Manchester slip you a couple of Hundred to do it for me. the kit I've found is £22 is that overpriced? how many hours could the average r****d do that in?

Clio williams / 172
What bulbs are needed for this that acctually looks really good hate the boring orange dull glow lol

Sweet ill get money ur way of cause
No normal heater.
I want mine to look the same as urs but not got climate control.

Should be fairly straight forward, your stereo is update list with it being 05? Just that this may change the way the center LCD is lit either 2 T5 again or a little pcb board like this.
bajumu4u.jpg

Serious though, i would pay someone to do that, looks so much better, boss job there.

makes me want to come to Manchester slip you a couple of Hundred to do it for me. the kit I've found is £22 is that overpriced? how many hours could the average r****d do that in?

For a couple hundred I'll come to you haha.

What do you want from the kit i.e. what lights do you want to change. This can also change as above with the clock display & heater panel or climate. I suppose it's convenience more than anything to buy it in a kit.

I'd say for joe bloggs it'd take a good day or two to do the conversion. As you would constantly have to check whether the SMDs work after soldering.

Plus you'd need to buy a decent soldering iron if you want to be sure.

Seriously mate you should publish your own guide, there is nothing good on here for this.

I'll need a set of dials to do the guide with lol.

The guides on here are sufficient enough to understand what needs to be done richy22 I think did a guide and another for the rest of the interior, they helped me :).

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I want to change all the lights to call me old skool chav, neon blue. I have a soldering iron sod it might buy the " complete Kit " and see how it goes, I suppose the whole dash has to come off? and buy new clips etc just in case?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Seriously mate you should publish your own guide, there is nothing good on here for this.

I might be doing one wen I next strip out a car for someones lights. Trouble is parts vary. Lights I have twist lock 509t bulbs for the radio clock, but yet others are smd. Not as easy to build a guide in that respect lol. Hey mwright cant belive there are 11 smds on the radio thats stupid lmao. Managed to rip it apart in the end

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I've bought the kit for £22 comes with " full instructions " will do it over the weekend and try and make a pictorial as I am sure there are a few people out there wanting this, went for Blue on Blue should look quite good, bought it from crazy LEDs last night, plus at the same time I'll have the chance to take out the silver dial trim and colour code it

I've bought the kit for £22 comes with " full instructions " will do it over the weekend and try and make a pictorial as I am sure there are a few people out there wanting this, went for Blue on Blue should look quite good, bought it from crazy LEDs last night, plus at the same time I'll have the chance to take out the silver dial trim and colour code it

​Looking forward tot his - would love to give it a go!