ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smelly fans!!!

A newly fixed 172
I have a slight problem....
When i turn the ignition on and start the car, and the climate control is on there is a funny eggy smell. It only happens for a small period of time but it is horrible...

Any ideas what it could be...

Golf GTD Mk7
could be a bit of moisture in the heating system. Best thing to do is leave the car running with the doors open and crank up the heater full. It should dry out all the moisture and stop the smell.

A newly fixed 172
Well, i thought that but just had a service done about a month and a half ago. Mind you, it has only started doing it not long after that!
I thought it may be something to do with the aircon?

Clio
If you have aircon it could be the build up of moisture around the evaporator when in use has caused a build-up of nasty smelling bacteria in the drip tray below it. You can get many anti-bacterial sprays for this from car dealers or the likes of Halfords.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
My car used to smell like eggs after the air con had been on. Since I've replaced the pollen filter it's been fine.

Bumder With A Buffer
A funny eggy smell??

Thats your stinking arse u numpty ;)

Lay off the egg mayo and you will be fine :)

db

db detailing™
Mine had this... have a wiff in your screen wash bottle... that was the culprit!

A newly fixed 172
I have tried the Doors open with the heat on full blast and it has worked a little bit, but it is still smelling.

owzrules: It dont smell all the time, just when i first start the car up...