ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So far

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
This is the best finish I can achieve with the products i've accumulated. Any advice would be appreciated as to how I could improve without being sucked into the detailing world of shiny cars and empty wallets.

1. Ph Neutral snow foam/ Purple Rain the alloys
  2. Rinse
  3. Two bucket wash with micro-mitt
  4. Rinse
  5. Demon Shine - chamois dry
  6. Tyre Slick/Back2Black the plastics

18720990_1513154525402070_751051292_o.jpg

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Looks good from a distance, very shiny!

It has good water beading and looks flawless... for a day or two :weary: I guess I need products to increase the longevity of the finished product. Would a good wax do this?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Throw the chamois away and buy some microfibres and a drying towel.

What finished product ? You haven't used any...

If you seal it with something it will last much longer.

For me, because I'm very lazy.. wash and then seal with Gyeon Bathe+ & Wetcoat. Assuming you have a pressure washer.

Back to black is also hideous stuff and as you've proved, lasts a couple of days. Get some Gtechniq C4 trim restorer, do it once and do it right.

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Throw the chamois away and buy some microfibres and a drying towel.

What finished product ? You haven't used any...

If you seal it with something it will last much longer.

For me, because I'm very lazy.. wash and then seal with Gyeon Bathe+ & Wetcoat. Assuming you have a pressure washer.

Back to black is also hideous stuff and as you've proved, lasts a couple of days. Get some Gtechniq C4 trim restorer, do it once and do it right.

so Gyeon Bathe+ for a finish with zero residue, wet coat to add the seal and hydrophobic coating? Just had a look and they aren't expensive at all. Think you've just gave me a job for saturday! How long roughly would the finish last with this method?

As i'm also lazy, the back to black was a bit of a gimmick, provided shine for a day with minimal effort. But i've heard Gtechniq (although permanent) should get atleast a year of decent plastic so I'll have to bite the bullet. Will cost less overall as you said, do it once do it right

Cheers mate

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I wash my car infrequently .. I don't care about it looking immaculate, but being silver it looks clean 98% of the time anyway.

You'll get (unless you're OTT) 10 washes out of a bottle of the wet coat and the bottle says 2-3 months a time. If you use half a bottle a go and you wash it every week...

Wash the car, spray the wetcoat on, pressure wash off (bottom up, a section at a time) then open hose the car (slowly!!).

Dry off the small remainder of water with a towel.

People (the 1% of the 0.1% that will notice) will think you've spent all weekend polishing the car. Use your spare time to do something interesting instead :up:

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
I wash my car infrequently .. I don't care about it looking immaculate, but being silver it looks clean 98% of the time anyway.

You'll get (unless you're OTT) 10 washes out of a bottle of the wet coat and the bottle says 2-3 months a time. If you use half a bottle a go and you wash it every week...

Wash the car, spray the wetcoat on, pressure wash off (bottom up, a section at a time) then open hose the car (slowly!!).

Dry off the small remainder of water with a towel.

People (the 1% of the 0.1% that will notice) will think you've spent all weekend polishing the car. Use your spare time to do something interesting instead :up:

good man, the blue shows up a lot more than silver, but not as bad as black. thanks for the info, cleaning routine should be short and sweet from now on :up:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't add much more than others have said really. Gyeon Wetcoat is a great product. Mist it over and then activate it with the pressure washer. An open hose will then sheet the remaining water off and you'll barely need to contact dry!

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
I can't add much more than others have said really. Gyeon Wetcoat is a great product. Mist it over and then activate it with the pressure washer. An open hose will then sheet the remaining water off and you'll barely need to contact dry!

Bought a decent sized microfibre drying towel so that should sort out any remaining water!