ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So Im trying to stop the knocking noise when accelerating...

Im confused about pulling the engine forward like people have done on here in the past. Found a few posts that says the whole engine moves a good inch forward? I have undone the four nuts, tried to move the engine, doesnt go anywhere, forwards or back.
Is this as far forward as it goes, or am I just being a pansy and not tugging hard enough?

IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0407.jpg

Also, I'm going to replace the dogbone mounts next pay day.. Can you tell from looking that they are knackered or do they look ok?

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Thanks in advance

53 Clio's & counting
That dogbone does look a little pissed.

with regards to the mount, it will move an inch or so forward, you just need to put some weight behind moving it - remember the engine is bloody heavy and needs a real push - i pushed mine the first time only a little bit until i properly tried and it shot forward lol

. dont be afraid of levering hard

53 Clio's & counting
No mate, i wondered that years ago but you actually move the whole mount including that bit - lever it hard and it will all move as one

by the looks of that your mount is set far back, definately needs moving forward

330Ci (Fail)Sport
There's a mount under the battery as well IIRC, i think that can be moved about to help too.

Arctic Blue 182 FF
I have had the knocking problem on two clios now,just changing the dogbone sorted them out and stopped the knocking

53 Clio's & counting
Does this happen under hard acceleration? what is it?

yes it happens when accelerating, the knocking is the exhaust manifolf knocking against the subframe, by pulling the engine fotward a bit you move it away enough so it doesnt hit

Focus
My knocking was cured by the bolts on the mount under the battery (believe it was gearbox mount) being loose.