ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so its 0% finance if you buy a renault!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't believe people pay full price and do the 0% deal, it's a rip off!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
the 0% is available on the 197 with a 30% deposit. and its not too bad a deal really. for example my car is £14699, add on finance comes to around £17500 for a 5 year arrangement. If I put in 30% deposit my car would have been around £16k so I would have saved £1.5k. unfortunately I dont have enough money to put the deposit down :(

Shame you don't get 0% depreciation in the 2 seconds after you drive off the forecourt eh...

172cup
i know f**k all about finance, completely retarded as far as money goes... so i probably would fall for it to be honest.

but as its non-rs models, i won't be suckered just yet

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Heres a better idea, pay cash, but tell them that instead of taking the 0% finance you want to pay the invoice value that they would have sold it to the finance company for.

This will be approx. 15% less than the original cost :)

These types of deals are brilliant for people who have cash to spend on a car ;)

Broken Diesel Megane :(
i know f**k all about finance, completely retarded as far as money goes... so i probably would fall for it to be honest.

but as its non-rs models, i won't be suckered just yet

it is RS models.

megane renaultsport - 10% deposit - 0% finance
clio renaultsport - 35% deposit - 0% finance

Snotter's
higher purchase,pcp etc there are many sorts. Personally i would go with a broker on a car with good residuals eg you could get a 6 month old r32/s3 with a £2k dep for £330 per month which i think is a cheap way of driving a nice motors.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ worse than renting??

Buy 6 month old, keep for 2 years, sell thats the best way.

'you could get a 6 month old r32/s3 with a £2k dep for £330 per month', why bother thats dead money?

Snotter's
a car will cost regardless,but buying outright you have tied up that cash (£25k could get a few BTL properties giving you an income) plus you get hit on depreciation.

Buying cash is even more dead money

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
BTL near me cheapest places £146,000 - £25000 leaves £121000 rental say £550pm how the hell can you get a 'few' places?

BTL is dying because of credit crunch, alright for them that are already in it with equity but not a safe place to be at present.

If you cannot afford a car don't buy it, end of;)

Snotter's
you evidently know nothing about investing, i have my own investment company. If you can stump up £6k i will get you a property tennated until June 2009 Giving a monthly profit of over £500.

Buying a car cash is silly in my book, hence why im 24 own 8 properties yet i have always financed vehicles and never purchased cash.

172cup
you evidently know nothing about investing, i have my own investment company. If you can stump up £6k i will get you a property tennated until June 2009 Giving a monthly profit of over £500.

Buying a car cash is silly in my book, hence why im 24 own 8 properties yet i have always financed vehicles and never purchased cash.

i agreed with you until you went all high any mighty talking about owning properties... no one gives a f**k. Can people not have discussions without saying well i have this, i have that.. i am i am?

I think if i had 8 properties at 24, i sure as f**king hell wouldn;t be wasting my time of cliosport.net , nevermind having the time to

SLK250 CDI

Maybe you have 8 mortgages but I doubt you own 8 properties.

:rasp:

Snotter's
i wasnt getting high and mighty just showing what can be done, and why wouldnt i be on cliosport just because im an investor???? it doesnt change the fact that i used to own a clio and have an interest in cars.Anyway i will say no more on the matter :)

Valver
Hence why nearly all companys offering luxury cars always state a finance deal with an end balloon payment, why throw £100k into a car when you could invest it and easily offset any extra interest on the car.

Im too much of a tight cnut to buy a new car and watch it depreciate. And as to leasing an S3 for £330/ month (which will obviously have a mileage restriction) why not buy a secondhand one. £330/ month is best part of £4k per year, and you would be restricted to 12k miles I expect. Surely if you bought a secondhand one and run it for 2yrs at 12k per year its unlikely to lose £8k in depreciation.
I don't know enough though about these leasing arangements, im guessing if tyres, servicing and insurance is included it could be viable.