ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Cu*t Crashed into my car

Clio 182 RB
Driving along behind a car,and he decided to swing out into the central reservation area to pull on to his drive...no indication nothink and i carry on driving an swings straight into the side of my car:cry::cry::cry:bumper smashed passenger wheel buckled in door caved in sideskirts cracked...not happy:(pic to follow

unlucky, I seen that happen before even on small roads, chaps pulls close upto the left hand side of the road, slows down so he got more width in the road to shoot across the lanes onto his drive on the right hand side of the road.

320d
Did he admit liability?

Depending how bad the suspension damage is could be looking at a write off mate.

Clio 182 RB
090302_175511.jpg

his saying its my fault for not watching...Tw*t should be looking in his mirrors

He hit you while you were driving straight along the road. You have right of way. He hasnt got a hope in hell.

I cant believe how unlucky you are with this car :(

Might be a blessing in disguise if you could get it written off and get something that isnt jinxed.

182 FF
Make sure you fight your case pal, insurance companies are wan*ers for splitin blame 50/50

Is his wheel hanging off:eek:

Yours ain't pretty mate, gutted for ya, could well be a write off

Make sure you buy it back of the insurance company if it is

Da

Less
Looks bad, could be difficult to prove though especially the lack of indicators.

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
So have I got this right? He pulled out to the right to swing (left, looking at the way his wheels are turned) into his drive with no indicators on and you undertook him and he turned into you as you were doing this?

Da

Less
So have I got this right? He pulled out to the right to swing (left, looking at the way his wheels are turned) into his drive with no indicators on and you undertook him and he turned into you as you were doing this?

That's how I read things.

ZX6R B1H
That'll be a Write off straight away, Sill damage, door and bumper. I bet the repair cost on that would soon mount up and end up costing over 2k. Hope you get it sorted out but i'd be looking for a new un'

Was a 197
why did he need to take such a wide berth for anyway, not likes it tight or anything, hope u got some better pics

im suprised you managed to fit through that gap tbh... I wouldn't have tried squeezing through there.

Clio 182 RB
That'll be a Write off straight away, Sill damage, door and bumper. I bet the repair cost on that would soon mount up and end up costing over 2k. Hope you get it sorted out but i'd be looking for a new un'

had my car crashed into before damaged cost £4300 still fixed it though....the recovery truck said they ll fix it ...so did a AA bloke that was there

It would have to cost a lot more to fix than that to write it off.

Cat D is 60% of the value.

a burnt one
Regardless of who was at fault it is always worth bearing in mind that there are so many idiots on the road, looking at the picture if you noticed him pulling into the middle of the road (indicators or not) it would seem obvious he was pulling into a drive.

As you were'nt to know if he was going right or left id would have been easier to just brake and wait a second or two for him to turn, rather than undertake in a 30mph zone.

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
I really hate to sound harsh so please don't take it personal but if someone did that in front of me there is no way I would risk undertaking him, yes he should have indicated and made his intentions clear but the fact he did not should have been a clue for you to give him a wide berth until you knew what he was going to do.
Its a 50/50 imo
If I have got my version of events wrong then fair enough

ZX6R B1H
had my car crashed into before damaged cost £4300 still fixed it though....the recovery truck said they ll fix it ...so did a AA bloke that was there

jesus they usually just right them off around here. I work in a bodyshop and see loads of cars get written off, I was under the impression the 182's were only worth around 4- 5k these days?

Which ever way i hope its sorted out asap, I would of taken a big hammer to the bugger and made sure it was written off, I always find they never feel the same and you tend to feel a bit :( about a repaired car That may just be me lol.

Gutted for you mate, really am.

Its all good everyone saying you could have avoided it but the way i see it is if someone pulls into the middle i would assume then to be turning right into a side street or drive on the right hand side etc, i would not expect them to then pull back infront of me.

That said, never assume :p

Hope you get sorted soon mate

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear... this is almost identical to what happened to a work colleague (although he was driving a Mazda RX8). The best he got was 50/50 and he was warned beforehand that the insurance company would likely see it as largely his fault for not reading and acting accordingly as to what was going on in front. :dapprove:

Certainly not a personal thing against you mate... just a possible outcome. I do hope you get it sorted and get the right result so good luck.

320d
Regardless of who was at fault it is always worth bearing in mind that there are so many idiots on the road, looking at the picture if you noticed him pulling into the middle of the road (indicators or not) it would seem obvious he was pulling into a drive.

As you were'nt to know if he was going right or left id would have been easier to just brake and wait a second or two for him to turn, rather than undertake in a 30mph zone.

He could have been going to turn right though. It was clearly his fault imobecause he didn't indicate, it was his responsibility to provide information for other road users.

He obviously hasn't looked in his rear view mirror or his near side wing mirror either.

He should have checked his rear view mirror so he was aware of traffic around him, braked, indicated left, checked the other side of the road was clear then swung out, checked his nearside mirror then carried out his left turn.

That would all come naturally to me tbh, when carrying out a manouver where you have to swing out so much you make sure all over road users are aware of your intentions and you observe all around you.

However insurance may say 50/50 because they don't want the hassle of a dispute and both parties have cars with little value.

a burnt one
He could have been going to turn right though. It was clearly his fault imobecause he didn't indicate, it was his responsibility to provide information for other road users.

He obviously hasn't looked in his rear view mirror or his near side wing mirror either.

He should have checked his rear view mirror so he was aware of traffic around him, braked, indicated left, checked the other side of the road was clear then swung out, checked his nearside mirror then carried out his left turn.

That would all come naturally to me tbh, when carrying out a manouver where you have to swing out so much you make sure all over road users are aware of your intentions and you observe all around you.

However insurance may say 50/50 because they don't want the hassle of a dispute and both parties have cars with little value.

Yeah but all those are could have/should/have would have situations.

You simply cannot gamble with your car and safety with the belief that every driver on the road abides by the highway code, he could have been turning right but then the fact he didnt indicate, which let's not forget is the BIG issue here, means the OP had no idea where he was going.

Hazard awareness is a very important aspect of driving, especially in a 30 (possibly 20)mph zone

182 FF
Put money on it that it will be a 50/50:(

NCB out through the window and a policy access to pay out for, hate these scenario's,

if it has taken out the rear quarter then i'd say write off,

b/g 182, meg tourer
Yeah but all those are could have/should/have would have situations.

You simply cannot gamble with your car and safety with the belief that every driver on the road abides by the highway code, he could have been turning right but then the fact he didnt indicate, which let's not forget is the BIG issue here, means the OP had no idea where he was going.

Hazard awareness is a very important aspect of driving, especially in a 30 (possibly 20)mph zone

still not 100% sure on the story how this happened. but i agree with what you are saying here. yes the other driver was also to blame, but he could argue that you undertook/were not paying attention etc.

sorry to hear about this tho. gutted for you.