ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some drunk scratched my car,how can it be fixed?

i take pride in the fact that my cars paintwork is in very good condition....but i was out lastnight, and some drunk passenger in my mates car opened his car door onto mine whilst i was driving!!

will this need respraying?

P1010176.gif

P1010178-1.gif

its about a metre in length

i know its hard to tell from the photo, its not too deep , but it catches on my nail if i run it down the car!

i have tried;

t-cut scratch remover
black t-cut
polish

hasnt made much difference tbh

Clio 172
Chips away may be able to repair it, cheaper than a body shop. You can get this 3M polish its amazing and should take that out.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
I had a scratch like dat but probz more deep , and did a build up ov Meguiars Scratch Remover about 5 times wehey. cleanud up good, then just gave it a good scrub all round

Not got a car
I reakon it looks like a bodyshop job.

I wouldn't use chipsaway, i had them come out to my girlfriends car and the touched it up with a brush, i could have done a better job with a Halfords touch up pen.

I reakon it looks like a bodyshop job.

I wouldn't use chipsaway, i had them come out to my girlfriends car and the touched it up with a brush, i could have done a better job with a Halfords touch up pen.

yeah i think so too tbh, any ideas of prices?mite get my car colour coded at the same time!

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Until you can get it re-sprayed use turtle waxes chip stick and coloured polish, the chip stick fills the gap and the polish colours the chip stick, will hide it well n im talking from experience ;)

Shed.
get a PC on it and see what you can do with it. if it stays then itll need respraying.

did you make him pay for it ? or did you kill him ?

get a PC on it and see what you can do with it. if it stays then itll need respraying.

did you make him pay for it ? or did you kill him ?

im afraid not....its going to be me paying for it!!:rolleyes:

atleast you know who your real friends are when this sort of thing happens!

CS Dungeon
That will almost certainly wet sand out.

You wont touch it with a PC michael, a Rotary would make it look better by taking the edges off but wetsand and machine polisher is the route I would go down if it was a clients car.

You'd be looking at about £50-75 for me to do it for you depending on time taken