ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Somerset Mini Meet - Frome

Clio 182
So after a bit of a chat in a welcome thread it come to light how many of us are actually in a small area of Somerset and how many are actually willing to travel to us!

It will be good for a get together to start putting some names to faces and get to know our local crowd!

Now I was looking at dates however wondered whether people prefer the idea of doing something at the weekend or simply just meet up one evening in the week? What do you guys prefer, whats better with work etc?

As for meeting areas, you have the usual cliche McDonalds area with a lot of carparking space or asda etc?

Possible meet ideas could include maybe a trip over to westbury white horse to get some pictures on the top? I personally am very easy going so what do you guys think?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If its a weekend evening then I'd be up for it if there was a taunton convoy over, as I work away during the week so am not around.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Maybe worth making it shepton mallet so its easier for people who arent from frome to get to as well?
Plus then you guys can meet first in frome, and convoy over together so you get to have a bit of a drive out together, would be closer for the likes of me/lesley/shifty/emma etc then

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol!

Fair one.

I think friday night is generally viewed as the best one for this area (I think a couple of people work sundays IIRC), thats when people normally organise for and seem to get reasonable turnouts, so might be worth considering that unless there is a specific reason you wanted a sunday.
Friday the 4th is the big renaultsport track evening at bedford though, so dont pick that one, lol

Clio 182
Fridays are generally fine, I wont be able to do the 11th however as I will be in Manchester, thinking about it I will be in London on the 18th as well but the 25th could work!

Clio 182
Was thinking another option could be the home of Hot Fuzz (Wells), quite picturess for some snaps, a few pubs etc and wouldnt involve sitting in a carpark!

Anyone else got any ideas?

Phase 2 172 Sport
Well i don't mind coming along. I live in Devizes so if any 1 from there fancies convoying across counties then im up for it. Just need to know a date.

182 Cup
Preferably late in the month is better for me as I won't be driving for a couple weeks due to appendix removal.

182 Cup
Sounds good to me, I'll come along if I can, where are you going to have the meet? Has that been decided yet?

Clio 182
Shall we say the 1st June, gives everyone a bit more time to prep, Shifty will have more of a chance of attending being a bit later and also Emma couldnt make the 25th? I will pm all the non full members to confirm with them tomorrow the date etc. Meanwhile I am going to pop in to Wells to check the parking situation as I haven't been for some time!

Clio 182
Well depends what people want to do? Maybe meet up about 7ish in the centre, get some pics maybe grab a drink at the pub featured in hot fuzz? Or there is a 2 for 1 resturant/pub a few miles down the road with ample parking, also a nice indian again with ample parking?

Clio 182
Well thats settled then, we could all meet in shepton as I believe you guys will run via shepton anyway as will the Frome guys then convoy in to wells and go from there!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like there are still enough people up for June the 1st to make it worthwhile, ultimately we'll never find a date that suits everyone.

would be good to have more meets down this way :)

Clio 182
Yeah I agree, I was thinking that we should change it again but we are just delaying anything from happening!

Maybe we should get a list started for everyone who can make the 1st:

1.) Nick 'NFox'

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So to recap its meet in wells centre at 7pm and then onto the 2 for 1 restaruant/pub leaving at about 8pm?
(got a postcode or anything for the pub for anyone wanting to go straight there nfox?)

1.) Nick 'NFox'
2.) Chip
3.) Lesley (might have to meet us at the pub if she is on a late)
4.) Shifty