ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SONY MDX8500R head unit

Weeman sucks ****

Just fitted my sony head unit, minidisc, great. But its very tight when it finally clicks in. Ive noticed an extrusion at the back of the appliture which might be causing this but not sure.

Has anyone else fitted a sony head unit? I have noticed in the clio options brochure, they used a sony in the picture.

i think all after market head units are tight to squeeze into the gap

problem is the excessive amopunt of cables used when fitting an aftermarket head unit, best bet is to force a lot of the wires down into the dash

just inside the fascia there is a little gap on the passenger side, force as many cables through there as you can, will be a bugger to get out, but does make it easier to install the unit

I fitted my old Sony, but I did remove the dash to do it as I was fitting MP3 changer and remote adapter. Theres not much room behind as all the cables bunch up behind, took me a while to free then so that the fit wasnt as tight.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Make sure you use the bolt and rubber grommit in the back of the headunit

this stops your cables getting trapped