ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Vaio Battery..

ST
I bought my Sony Vaio laptop back in Jan this year, the battery lasts about 2hrs 30 mins on a full charge which IMO is really good.

It mostly sits on my desk, i've no need to carry it around with me.

I was talking to a friend over a few drinks on sat night and he said its best to take the battery off and just run it off the mains as you would with a desktop, any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Alan.

Yep thats what I do with mine, otherwise it just overcharges the battery - already killed one that way!!

koi

Audi S1
Have noticed on my Vaio there is a tool that prevents the battery from charging above 50%. This is supposed to help prolong the battery if it's mainly used with the charger in, not sure if it's any good though.

But yeah it's bad to leave your laptop plugged in with the battery in all the time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Have noticed on my Vaio there is a tool that prevents the battery from charging above 50%. This is supposed to help prolong the battery if it's mainly used with the charger in, not sure if it's any good though.

But yeah it's bad to leave your laptop plugged in with the battery in all the time.

+1

Just the same with charging mobile phones constantly as well. Kills the battery in no time.

D.

INteresting this (sorry Alan, stalking you!).

My old vaio battery was buggered so bought a new one for mum as she now uses it. I may just take the battery out since mine sits on the desk a lot of the time!

AK

M240i
For the shed? Aye take the battery oot. No need for it if it's always plugged into the mains!

ST
I've got a £350 fujitsu siemens lap top for the shop, oh and that 'shed' is what provides me with the means son, so get of that 'shed' tip ;)

120d M Sport
My battery has been killed that way for sure lol, 2 years of it now yields 5 mins power without mains before the battery dies :(