ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sony viao laptop help

clio 1.2 16v,
well sat in bed last night on msn quick and all of a sudden

pufff

it just turns off with a

zurrrrrr noise

sorry for all the sound effects

it was just sat on my lap.

theres power going to laptop but not turning it on or doing anything

anyhelp?

182-racing-blue

How old is it?

Remove the battery and see if it boots up. (Obviously with the power lead connected.)

If it crashed all of a sudden and is making a noise, I'm going for HDD failure. Some more info would be helpful. What happens now when you try and boot? What noises, lights, meassages, if anything?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't a lot of the Sony's of arround that age have dodgy batteries? You could try removing the battery and power supply and holding the power button down for 30 sec to remove any static build up.
Other than that more info needed.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you may have fried it then. Were the vents on the bottom blocked by the bed sheets? If it was the HDD then it would at least turn on. Have you tried the static trick?

03 clio 1.2 16v
well sat in bed last night on msn quick and all of a sudden

pufff

it just turns off with a

zurrrrrr noise

sorry for all the sound effects

it was just sat on my lap.

theres power going to laptop but not turning it on or doing anything

anyhelp?

Q: did you have it on the cover? if so you might have been blocking the cooling fan for the cpu and popped it. happened to me once i got an expensive lesson they never tell you it has to be on a flat surface

good look to ya