ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sony w850i or 800i ?

Mondeo ST TDci
What would you get? anyone had any problems with eith of these?

im due an upgrade and im torn between the two. Ive got the w800i ATM and use the walkman a lot.. so im tempted to go with the 850i. i dont take a lot of pictures with my phone ...

Any comments on these phones?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i cant comment on the w850 but the w800 is a cracker of a phone mines not missed a beat yet. ive also got the k800now that is a phone.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
s**t can you i got the 500/500 on orange for £35 oh well

182 Cup Inferno
i on 3 and i get 1200 mins and 800 txts a month for £40, i got it 6 months ago and i got a motorola v3x, but it was stolen and the insurance compnay wouldnt replace it so i had to buy a new one, so i went and got a 800i which is a brilliant phone! (wish it was scratch resistant tho!)

tiTTy & SV650
k800 camera is superb, phones a little big and buttons a little small. I had the w800i too. Now on K800i, the lack of memory card is annoying and I also miss the light function fo the w800.

Suzuki SV650
Take out a new plan in an O2 store..

I have p/month;
500 texts
600 minutes (x-network, anytime) to use between tuesday and friday
2000 minutes (x-network, anytime) to use at the weekend, saturday to monday.
Free voicemail 24/7, and all the above rollover every month.

for £35. I'm sure there are better ones out there at the moment, but if you like to get savvy with a few text messages now and again, but also like the idea of calling whoever you want, when you want (c'mon, how many of you know which one of your mates are on your network or on another network?) then this isn't too bad.

Orange do the same thing but with unlimited texts and limited x-network minutes, so its up to you to choose if you like text'in or talking!

As for the phone, I have the 850i, and there are a few glitches, but its also got a lot of cool features and its the first SE phone that has dragged me away from a Nokia way of phonelife. Every other SonyEricsson phone before has seemed like a good idea at the time, then after a week or two it just drove me mad and I always went back and swapped it for a Nokia.

Headphones with the 850i are pretty good, good bass when coupled with the Megabass EQ on the Walkman player. 1gb card included with the phone, but I also have a 2gb Sony HighSpeed card so I can fit loads of music on there. I didn't get the phone to play any music or take any pictures as I have a decent digital camera and an iPod, but I'm plesantly surprised with the Walkman player and the camera does its job I guess. Never had a slide phone before cus I thought they were pretty gay, but as times change (and men get more feminine in 2000) I thought it'd be a nice change. You should go into a shop and have a play with both phones I guess. I took some pics of mine as I got bored... http://steviepee.smugmug.com/gallery/2056096