ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sorta bounces at around 2k revs???

BG 182
my car has started to do a little sort of stutter/bounce (cant really describe it) when accelerating mainly in second/third and around 2000 revs its not for long though. Im sure its not being in wrong gear because its never done this before. to then add to it the engine management light started flashing while I was driving but only for around 5 seconds. any ideas if these are related and what is causing it? im no mechanic so if you could simplify it, I would appreciate it :)

Cheers

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if the misfire is bad it might ruin your car if you keep driving it, itll be dumping unburnt fuel into it!!

coilpack is the box that all the HT leads go to that sends a spark to the plug at the correct time!! they go wrong quite a bit and easy to replace.

might also be the plugs, my old clio start missing randomly and it turned out to be because i was using the wrong plugs!

BG 182
riiight, it doesnt feel too bad. its only like a couple of judders. would new spark plugs sort this out then? or new plugs plus a coilpack? cheers for the help btw :)