ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South East Paint High temperature

Clio 200 CUP
Any one know where about in the Bicester area I can get some paint made up in the D43 Mondial blue high temperature paint has to be the high temperature as I will be doing the Manifold Cover & Fuel Guard ??? And has anyone done it before on here as its my 1st time having ago at it. Is it just a cases of removing it spraying it or will I need to sand it 1st then paint then lacquer as well even know its it high temperature sorry if its a easy job just not done it before and know guys on here that have.

Thanks

When I had some paint made up for my callipers I just told the paint shop I wanted to use the paint on my brakes and he said no problem hell put some more hardener in the mix don't know I he was just having me on but was fine was on the car for 5 years problem free

Clio 200 CUP
so if I get some date up from Halfords normal spray paint will be fine I will give it a go and see what's what thanks

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I personally wouldn't lacquer it, but that's your call.

Most paints and lacquers should be just fine up to the sort of temps the inlet and fuel rail guard are going to get to though.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If its a metallic then it will need to be lacquered, as robs has said that paint will be fine with what its being used for.

Clio 200 CUP
Thanks Guys for all your help I know its only small but its helped me out a lot !!!

Thanks !!!

Clio 200 CUP
Well big Thanks agen I take what you said on bored Rob not lacquer it just letting paint dry now fitting it tomorrow

IMAG0843_zpsaf492803.jpg
IMAG0848_zps29ae4404.gif

IMAG0850_zps31c70549.jpg