ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers and ride quality

Ph2 Flamer
As per title really. What's the general consensus on the impact on ride and handling from those who have used spacers.

I've just bought hubcentric 25mm for the front and 15's for the rear having seen that set-up on a project thread on here and should be fitting them this weekend. All FK spacers so good quality. A mechanic commented to me today that even good quality ones will cause a bit of wheel vibration which isn't something I've read on here, at least not with h+r, fk or eibach spacers. Interested to hear what people have found rolling around on these.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't noticed any difference in ride quality in mine to be honest.

Remember to spray copper grease on the backs before you fit them. Otherwise they'll seize.

I had FK one's fitted to my 1.2. Can't comment on handling improvement but didn't experience any vibrations or wobbling or anything.Were perfect for me. Didn't affect it whatsoever. I had 20mm front and 15mm rear (per side)

I haven't noticed any difference in ride quality in mine to be honest.

Remember to spray copper grease on the backs before you fit them. Otherwise they'll seize.

This too! Don't do a me!

Ph2 Flamer
Yeah got some copper grease from doing my disks so will slap some on. James was it your thread where you werewere having to angle grind the spacer off? If it was I'm definitely going to avoid that, looked like a right pain.

182, 6r GTi
aslong as you have good quality spacers you shouldnt have any problems as said above make sure you coper slip the mounting face of the discs before you put them on

phase 1 flamer 172
Spacers or low et wheels place more strain on the bearing, fact. obviously the wider the spacer the more strain, they also make the front wheels move in an arc when turning, fact, instead of pivoting on them selves

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Spacers or low et wheels place more strain on the bearing, fact. obviously the wider the spacer the more strain, they also make the front wheels move in an arc when turning, fact, instead of pivoting on them selves

not a lot of cars have wheels that pivot on themselves...ie the pivot point in the middle of the contact patch