ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacers behind rear disc. whos done it?

LY FF182
My 10mm spacers turned up today thanks ed!! Very speedy delivery. Will be fitted after my holiday!

Clio 172,
Just reviving an old thread, I made a pair of spacers today for my 172 cup, I have made them from 1/2" steel plate as there was plenty of it at work. They were East enough to make and for, I also changed the wheel bearings whilst i had the discs off. ;)

Audi A5
I done before an after on my 10mm think with 1 degree camber spacers and tbh it's barley noticeable. I would recommend anyone getting these to go for 15mm with either 1 or 2 degrees of camber.

LY FF182
I have 10mm spacers to fit and I think 2 deg shims already on. Can't wait to see how it'll look. I thought it would run with 15's as its lowered on speedline wheels

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Sorry to bring a old thread up

Can anyone help me on sizes

My family runs a engineering company and should be able to make some of these

I have most of the sizes but all i need is the bolt sizing?

I know the bolts are 3 x M10 and 1 x M8 but what does the hole size need to be?

and can someone just confirm that im right

68mm square
40mm hole in then middle
46mm between each hole

Cheers

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Your asking what size to drill a hole for a m10 bolt, when the family is in engineering?
Jeeeebus.

phase 1 flamer 172
I made my own, dont have measurements to hand im afraid, but i didnt need any holes apart from the 4 holes for the bolts, made from aluminium and been on the car for a few months now, no problems. Think i drilled the holes 10.5mm and 8.5mm to allow for a bit of discrepancy.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Yes my family is in engineering (cheers for sarcasm ed)

company called frank Dudley ltd in birmingham since 1960s

basically I've given them the drawing I've done but they are asking why I want a 11mm clearance hole for a m8 bolt so realistically the hole should be 8.6 -9mm max and for the m10 10.7mm would be perfect

Cup In bits
More than enough, 0.5 of a mm will be enough. There are data sheets that engineers go by for thread clearances etc, they should be able to tell YOU.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
11mm is a little overkill, an m8 bolt has an 8mm thread, m10, 10mm etc in engineering terms, 1mm extra, ie 11mm hole on 10mm thread is huuuge, just imagine using an 11mm socket on a 10mm nut.

id say theyve got their figures about right

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Well that's what they said to me but as I was asking for 11mm they were just wondering why, particularly for the m8

Thank you for the help off a few of you guys

Cheers

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
11mm is a little overkill, an m8 bolt has an 8mm thread, m10, 10mm etc in engineering terms, 1mm extra, ie 11mm hole on 10mm thread is huuuge, just imagine using an 11mm socket on a 10mm nut.

id say theyve got their figures about right

Cheers pal

Get them laser cut tomorrow then :)