ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare key, or lack of

They're around 200 for a new key from Renault, that includes coding to your immobiliser.
Could be cheaper for you to get one cut and coded at an auto-locksmiths. you'd have to ring around. I'm in the same boat tbh, central locking button now only works on a big hard press so looking to get a new key made up soon!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
central locking button now only works on a big hard press so looking to get a new key made up soon!

That sounds like an easy fix by taking it apart. When I had my 1.2, the central locking stopped working after I dropped the key. Just took it apart; the little click/switch inside had come away from the little motherboard or whatever you'd call it, so just chiseled away at the plastic of the switch a bit and soldered it back to the motherboard, worked a treat thereafter; re-attached it much more thoroughly than renault did.

​Deffo wouldn't be paying for a new key, or any alternative, given the fix is so easy.

That sounds like an easy fix by taking it apart. When I had my 1.2, the central locking stopped working after I dropped the key. Just took it apart; the little click/switch inside had come away from the little motherboard or whatever you'd call it, so just chiseled away at the plastic of the switch a bit and soldered it back to the motherboard, worked a treat thereafter; re-attached it much more thoroughly than renault did.

​Deffo wouldn't be paying for a new key, or any alternative, given the fix is so easy.

Oh i know, but i only have this key, the blade is loose and it already doesnt always deactivate the immobiliser. I'm remiss to take it apart to tamper with it, because i WILL break it. and then i will have no keys and royally bummed.

172 Cup
My insurance came with key cover so claimed on that for a new key as my Cup only came with 1. Didnt pay a penny and the guy came to my office and did it in about 30mins.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Oh i know, but i only have this key, the blade is loose and it already doesnt always deactivate the immobiliser. I'm remiss to take it apart to tamper with it, because i WILL break it. and then i will have no keys and royally bummed.

Well no matter what you do, you'll still have the actual cut metal key, so you'll be able to get into the car. It's honestly a really easy job. I only had 1 key when I had my 1.2, hence why I was determined to fix it, because otherwise I'd have to manually lock the car every time, and who wants to do that?