ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spare key solution

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Hey peeps,

ive only got one keyfob for my 04 clio and want a spare one just in case as ive had bad experience before.

whats the best way i go about this?

i was thinking of buying a fob on ebay, and getting a key cut on it, and re programming it somehow? how much would this cost? and is it possible

also whats the most cost efficient method?

I think Renault charge you about £130 for the key and reprogaming.

IIRC only Renault can program the key to the car.

As above, its about £140 including coding for a replacement plip key and blade, head down to your local dealer with your V5 and some photo ID.
Ebay special will be a waste of time nobody will be able to code it to the car.

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
what if i supplied renault with the fob and the key part for them to cut, would it reduce the proce significantly?

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
i just spoke to renault, they told me its £55 just to reprogram, however they said reprogramming on a used key fob isnt possible, is this the case? so why is plenty of people seeling fobs on ebay?

Megane 225
They are just trying to Fob you off! :rasp:

Seriously though, u can't reprogramme an old key! Best to get a new 1!

www.renparts.co.uk
we sell used fobs for 12 pounds. ill send you one free if you like and you can try and get it coded, if it works then pay me for it :D

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
i wouldnt mind that, but there telling me its impossible to re-write the fob?!? buncha w*****s they are. anyone know where i can get a brand new fob?

C

clvs2222

no, you cant re-program a used fob. you wont find a new fob anywhere mate. mayaswell just splash out and get it done propily from renault. you know it'll be right then

Skoda Fabia vRS
as above, you cant programme an old/used plip which was used for another vehicle

the vast majority are 'locked' to the vehicle they were supplied with or ordered for

172 Race Car
I had a new key cut and programmed at a local locksmiths. It was only £25. They 'clone' the immobiliser chip. it looks like a peugeot key the one i have. everyone points that out when they see it.

If its just for emergancies then u dont need the central locking (remote) bit of it

Mondeo TDCI 130
I had a new key cut and programmed at a local locksmiths. It was only £25. They 'clone' the immobiliser chip. it looks like a peugeot key the one i have. everyone points that out when they see it.

If its just for emergancies then u dont need the central locking (remote) bit of it

True! we have a local bloke that can code renault plips!

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
im not entirely fussed about the central locking, however it would be good to have it obviously, and yes, it is just in case of an emergency. do you guys know of anyone in london who can sort this out for me?

you cannot reprogramme a used fob, so dont buy off e-bay. if you buy a key from renault i can programme it for you for if you want.
pm me if want.

172 Race Car
im not entirely fussed about the central locking, however it would be good to have it obviously, and yes, it is just in case of an emergency. do you guys know of anyone in london who can sort this out for me?
Just go into any key cutting place and ask. make sure u have your key with you so they can check if they have the software to clone the chip