ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare wheel and centre cap?

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
I have just bought a Clio Cup and have been fixing it up, I appear to have no jack spare wheel etc, which although ok for me is no good when my G/F drives the car (she knows how to change a wheel)
So, my real question is, what can I use as a spare? Will any clio wheels do? Is there a space saver I could get? Don't want to spend a lot as I am already trying to buy more wheels for my R888's I have.
Also do the Cup wheels have different centre caps and is the offset the same as normal 16" wheels for Clio's?
I will stop asking stupid questions soon honest ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
i would assume that all the centre caps are the same size as all they do is cover the main hub bolt?

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
A full size 16" sits about 1" proud of the floor level if you put it in spare wheel hole in the boot - not a huge inconvienience though (been doing this for 2 years intending to build a little false floor).

I am quite sure the centre bore is the same, offset I am not sure.

Considering it is basically a get you home emergency measure any second hand 13-16" wheel with a properly inflated tyre in good condition will do the trick. Or you could store one of your race wheels in there.

If you need to buy a jack then a little bottle jack doubles up as a useful tool to have around. Stating the obvious - you'll need a wheel nut wrench.