ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaking of horses...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Came across this one on my way back from the Goodwood Pistonheads meet last weekend.

Not sure I dealt with it appropriately...should I have beeped my horn and shouted w***er out the window as I went past? Or should I have just not bothered stopping in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tbf you reacted well. Just dangerous though. Oh and out of interest where do you mount the camera?

Last edited:
  Clio RS
nice off you that you stopped. it could damage your car much more that itself
I stop everytime for a horse, definately with the subaru so it doesn't get scared from the loud exhaust

Having got both cars and horses myself (I ride and drive both) you did nothing wrong nor could've actually done anything thing else unlike the rider who could've got off and walked the horse past your car. Though she did get it under control in the end and all was well. She acknowledged your patience with a clear signal. Horses do have a very good sense of hearing so maybe got spooked at the tunes reverberating from your car, unseen around the bend....?

182cup & 172 racecar
Horse are very unpredictable,get spooked at anything,could have been a paper bag in the field.

All you can do is stop and wait really,wouldn't have thought you would have needed to use the sat nav for Goodwood Mark.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be s**tting myself that it was going to put its hoof through my windscreen.

My thoughts exactly.

Having got both cars and horses myself (I ride and drive both) you did nothing wrong nor could've actually done anything thing else unlike the rider who could've got off and walked the horse past your car. Though she did get it under control in the end and all was well. She acknowledged your patience with a clear signal. Horses do have a very good sense of hearing so maybe got spooked at the tunes reverberating from your car, unseen around the bend....?

I was a good 30-40 metres away as it came into view and the music wasn't that loud...is their hearing that sensitive?

Horse are very unpredictable,get spooked at anything,could have been a paper bag in the field.

All you can do is stop and wait really,wouldn't have thought you would have needed to use the sat nav for Goodwood Mark.

It helps me discover new roads. Take the long way home, take random turns I've never taken before and it always gets me back on track. Also tells me when to head for home or else miss my dinner LOL. I've come across quite a few nice roads I'd never have found otherwise from having it running.

Disastra Coupe
^LOL! Exactly what i thought...

In my old mk1 Clio i once had to turn it off just to let a horse past. Even on tickover it was shitting itself. Turned car off and it quickly calmed down and walked past.

Swift Sport
Common sense and legal rights don't always tie-in together nicely though, as with many things in this country.