ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spent a few quid on the interior!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It all started with needing a steering wheel retrim, and I decided to get the gear gaiter done too as it was broken. When it came back, although a great job, the colour match wasn't really what I had hoped for in regards to the dials. Orange Vs. red started to annoy me after a while!

So I started looking into getting the dials re-done in a similar orange.

Found Metal Monkey online and eventually sent off to get a custom made (they had never sold ones for a Clio 182 before) and I was pleased with the result. Next up I decided to colour the rest of the interior trim in the same colour, and I contacted Spray Shack who got my colour custom mixed from a sample of the dial background I sent them. I also decided to go for white needles to compliment the white font on the km/h I opted for. Here are the results :D tbh it all looks a lot better in the flesh, really shines. I'll try to mess around with camera settings in future to get them looking better...

0b2bad61.jpg

05269e3f.jpg

My dials close up (yes I managed to loose the bloody reset button! Please, if anyone has one spare, let me know)

2522b367.jpg

Just a general picture of the car, as I've never posted one before. Totally standard atm... later the in the year I'm planning on coilovers, 2118's, a new exhaust system (not sure which one yet) a carbon fibre splitter on the front, and a Cup spoiler :approve:

95a1d6f7.jpg

500 Twinair
I'm liking the inside and outside, don't change the wheels, once lowered they will look great, also what coilies are you thinking, you going to have a lot more choice that the cup pack owners.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Love the interior!! Need that in my LY 182. The wheel with the yellow stitching is amazing! And the rest of the yellow is amazing too! BIG thumbs up (tad biased on the yellow front though)

Yellow stitching & RS insert looks very professional. Steering wheel refurb looks top notch too! Local company or forum member (who's username currently escapes me)?

Dial surround looks like it came from the Early Learning Centre ;) Maybe it'd be ok on a LY car.

Thanks for sharing something a little bit different though!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm liking the inside and outside, don't change the wheels, once lowered they will look great, also what coilies are you thinking, you going to have a lot more choice that the cup pack owners.

I'm not sure... don't wanna spend more than £500. Any recommendations? Preferably something K-Tec sell, as will be going there in a few months time and would like to get something bought/installed/set-up by them :) tbh I'm more after 'stance' than pure handling :eek:

Thanks for comments good and bad. For people not loving the dial surround, the reason I went for it in the end was I wanted to get everything done that comes coloured differently in the Cup models, I then just got obsessed with matching the colour in other areas... admittedly it is a bright version, but it is actually orange, not yellow. Maybe the pictures haven't shown that very well, I went for orange to match the interior lighting.

I feel like the car's really mine now I've made a personal touch to it :D

Nice. I'm doing something similar with the interior of my BG 182. Not doing the dials or the gear knob, but getting the dash trim done in LY and the wheel re-trimmed with yellow stitching.

Wasn't sure how it would look but now I have a good idea :D Pictures do make it look quite yellow

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Too bright for me, sticks out too much.... But if you're happy with it :)

I see you took the pic under the bridge in old Leigh, I'm in need of different location inspiration in the area (I live in Thundersley)

The car itself looks really clean

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My idea was kinda to match it up to the interior lighting... if I done it again I'd probably go red though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Too bright for me, sticks out too much.... But if you're happy with it :)

I see you took the pic under the bridge in old Leigh, I'm in need of different location inspiration in the area (I live in Thundersley)

The car itself looks really clean

Happen to know of anywhere else good around these parts for photos? I thinking perhaps next to the Shoebury beach huts somehow...