ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spotted a can am today :)

Clio RS 172 cup
I was in gamston morrisons car park today and spotted this can am.jpg , I walked over and politely asked if I could take a few pics and the woman was happy to oblige me, She started telling me all about them and said how comfortable they were and even offered to let me sit on it which I did, Wow it it was like sitting in an armchair like a lazee boy.
Her fella came over and also started telling me a bit about them, very very very nice couple :).
I reckon i will save up some pennies and get one for the summer, The one in the pics was a 1000cc so quite a lot of speed and acceleration when needed, There is a deluxe model around 21k I think or 18k I forget but it has a back rest for the passenger and 1300cc and lots of extra goodies. Also because they are classed as trikes if you have passed your car test before jan 2013 you can ride/drive one on your drivers license, Cost around 15 grand upwards and you dont have to wear an helmet by law if you dont want to, I certainly would on A roads and motorways.
Hehe sorry if this is old news to some peeps, but its the first one I have ever seen.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
What a disgusting object!
These have all the draw backs of a bike and none of the advantages, so what's the point?!

Clio RS 172 cup
Lol i actually quite like it but each to their own eh.
Hmm maybe you shouldnt be viewing it as a bike but more like a trike, because in essence thats what it is, with the added advantage of being able to see the front wheels, not much chance of wheeliing it and flipping off the back, they seem to be very stable and corner quite fast and quite well at speed well thats what i have been told, can drive on a car license no need to take cbt and cbt 2.
All pluses in my mind.

clio 172
Awesome machine a lot bought by older bikers who feel safer with more wheels especially if they have the Mrs on the back only drawback is u can't wheelie it and loose her off

Clio RS 172 cup
My mate showed me a trike like car the other day called a Trex american built has 2 wheels at the front one at the rear much the same as the can am but it has a steering wheel instead of handle bars and has a roof just like a car, some looked very nice and one he showed me even looked like a lamborghini from the front.