ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring Advice ... suspension spring... not the season!

Clio 182
Hi All,

I have just had some work done on my car and subsequently found that the driver side spring is fooked. It has basically sheared at the bottom... :(

My dilemma - Do I replace the front two springs with standards or do I replace all 4 with an after market set?
I have a 182 with cup packs - will this impact on my choice of springs?
I don't want to lower the car too much either!

Cost is a major factor but if it works out an extra £30 (for example) to change all 4, its a bit of a no brainer!

Eibachs seem to be the obvious choice but are there any tried and tested alternatives???

Thanks in advance! :star:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IIRC one standard spring is same price as set of Eibachs.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Clio 182
Thanks everyone... anybody know where I can get a cracking deal...? Cheapest I have found is around £130 for a set of 4!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Eibach sportlines / prolines.

The only springs worth buying IMO. Buy sexing hand maybe? Have you checked the for sale?

Clio 182
Hi Stu,

I will probably get a set of Eibach Springs. I will bear it in mind though! Thanks all the same....