ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SPRINGS?

PH2 172
Iv been speaking to KTEC about putting some springs onto my car i asked them about Eibach sportline springs and what they were like and if you would be able to see that the car has been lowered but they told me to get these springs what do you think of them and would i be better of buying the Eibachs and does anyone have any pictures of there sports lowered on the Eibach sportlines thanks.

Heres the springs they said to get.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1152

A Flamin' Red one
I think they look pretty sound to be honest. Of course, you have to consider the fact that he may have recomended you those based on poor sales figures and targets...!?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
yepthey are a decent set of springs mine came on sh!te pi springs so had to find a replacement straight away ride nicely and do look lower but only really when parked near another

PH2 172
what springs do you have on ur the ktec ones also in a shop called venom motorsport it says the Eibach springs lower the front 45-50mm and rear 30mm is that right

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
supposedly id say it was nearer 30mm for the eibach sportlines! they ride nicelythough! not crashy at all!

Works...kind of...
What Jon said.

Eibach's estimation is with standard ride height. Cup's are lowered 15mm over standard so you wont see as much of a drop as you would with say a 1.2.

Damn fine springs though. I wouldn't think twice about ordering them.

PH2 172
say my cup looks really high at the front sometimes so if i put these springs on the Eibachs the front will lower by 30mm and so will the back will i notice this drop much

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
personally i think it just looks right
DSC00193.jpg

PH2 172
im only putting the spring son until i can afford coilovers at teh end of the year have u got a before and after picture

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
no sorry as the car came dumped on cheap springs and the only word for it was gash! could try google image search?

PH2 172
so do u recomend these springs as im taki my car round castle combe in april and want it to handle better and corner better with less bodyroll

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i do but then i havent had hardly any track experience! there is definitly a decrease in roll against what i have seen of standard spring setup and i like the feel through the steering but wouldnt be able to give you a pro opinion of their track capabilities

PH2 172
thats fair enough iv been told they are very good springs i hope some1 on here has got before and afte rpictures of eibachs fitted

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
yeah/no! if i was going to go track i'd go for coilys and dump it but having had stupidly low saxos and shiz in the past its only ballache when it scrubs and bangs over bumps. best all rounder for me as i have to commute on a/b roads etc! rides them nicely and it looks how i want it to! subtly different from standard

PH2 172
yeah i want to put coilys on ma motor mate but cant afford them until christmas time so for now just going to spring it i was going to lower it 60mm at the front and 40mm at the rear on fk sprngs and shortened shocks but i got told not to do this

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
not familiar with the set up but im guessing they will ride pretty harshly. on the old springs (think they were 60) the car used to bounce under braking! scairy sh!t in the wet as you never knew if the grip would last!

imo id go eibachs or coilys! if you want it low then i'd put the hundred quid in the coily fund

arctic 182 ff
i had a set of sportlines and they wernt to my taste,as i found on my cup that it seemed to slighly heighten the rear and not alot of difference to the front,i have just fitted a set of apex 40mm and im more than happy with end result

clio1308.jpg

clio2.jpg

arctic 182 ff
yea thats the apex springs,it rides slightly harder than the standard ones and handels slightly better but i aint pushed the car really,havnt got any photos on a flat as yet only fitted then a week ago,will try nd get sum could post them soon as i get them,i much prefer these springs as the car sits nice and even.

PH2 172
yeah the Eibachs seem to me they look the same as it did when it had standard springs on how would you compare the apex springs with the Eibachs

arctic 182 ff
i didnt have the sportlines on long as i was unhappy with the way it sat and after spending an hour lowering it i was slightly peed,the sportlines did not feel as harsh as the apex but not alot of difference if you know what i mean,the cups are firm to start with,but both good quality springs well made and didnt make the car go wallowy like some cheaper springs do.

PH2 172
thats the thing i dont want to go buy some apex springs they aint very good i heard that with apex springs they can start to sag after a wile and handle lke crap but aint to sure would you say te handling is the same and is there much bodyroll

arctic 182 ff
There wasnt much difference in price,i havnt heard any bad reports about the springs but who knows,there is a lot less body roll and it feels a bit tighter in the bends,i found that my cup would try to break away on the limit with the standard set up(but still bloody good) where as now it dosent seem to want to do that as much but like i say havnt really pushed it due to crap weather ect and havnt been far recently

PH2 172
Just ordered my apex springs cost me £96 from www.europerformance.co.uk i went for these as iv heard some good comments on these and iv owned cars with these springs before they will only be on the car until christmas time so dont mind the harsh ride if there is going to be one. will post some pictures up once the car is finished in 2 weeks

LY R26
ill keep an eye out for the pics mate, im in the same boat as you, cant afford coilies at the mo so was goin to get some springs for a while.

A picture of my Cup on Apex springs.
CIMG0113s.JPG

And a picture of the same car on Eibach Sportline springs.
_sIMG_0550.jpg

Yes the car sat slightly lower on the Apex, but the ride was appalling. It felt as though it was basically on the bump stops, very crashy, fidgety and completely unsettled. Anyone who thinks these springs are good has not been in a car with a proper sports suspension setup.

I bought the car with the apex springs already fitted and they only lasted a week on the car before being replaced by Eibach Sportlines.

I think Fred came up with the perfect way of explaining what I think of Apex springs when he commented on OMP brakes in another post, and I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his words.

Apex springs = veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryve ryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery

s**t!

The Sportlines are better in every way than the Apex springs.

In my opinion, ask for a refund while you still can and either stick with standard or purchase Sportlines.

PH2 172
Well Christopher on here said that he had as much fun with apex springs then he did with his coilovers and hes had apex springs on various cars and liked them and hes putting apex n his girlfriends car iv had them on various cars and liked them yeah Eibachs may be better but they lower the car s**t iv heard so many stories about the car bein higher at the back than standard the apex springs only staying on the car for a few months im going to be getting them set up with the camber and tracking away so they wont be that bad iv been told by lots of people that they are an alrite spring everyone is different and iv heard from alot of people that they are good even compared to some of the suspensionkits and coilovers they have owned so cant be that bad im sticking with the springs not going to change my order just becasue some people say there sh*t when alot of people have enjoyed the springs some people are just fussy.

arctic 182 ff
each to there own oppinion!,crusty made his desicion on the feedback given from other cliosport members ,the way i looked at it was that i wanted to lower the car not heighten it,if that was the case i would have kept it on the original springs.thats why i sent my sportlines back.

PH2 172
Yeah thats the same as me mate i want to lower my clio not highten it iv been hearing alot more good comments on apex springs from mates aswell so all should be good just wondering when i put the springs on shall i buy some camber correcting bolts and get them set up as with the tracking to cheers.

arctic 182 ff
ive checked my tracking just on basic gauges and it was still nigh on 0,i dont think springs have too much effect compared to a coil over set up,the car still drives true and pulls up nice and square,i am monitering my tyres however as i dont want it scrubbing them off,if so i may go 4 the camber bolts and a 4 wheel alignment.but for now its staying as it is.be upto you weather u go that route.

PH2 172
Im going to get my tracking set but what do i set it on as im going to be going over to my dads mates garage and doin it so do you know the settings.