ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sprint Video (Westfield, Blyton Park)

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Afternoon all,

Just thought I'd share a vid from Sunday... It was my first sprint event but somehow managed to get 2nd fastest time of the day overall, despite nearly stalling it off the line like a r****d, there being quite a few experienced guys there with a lot more power and / or a lot less weight, and a few single seaters and non road-going cars with slicks etc taking part. A lot of the 'road going' cars (the class I was in) are pretty marginal, you can tell they only ever make a trip to the MOT station once a year!

If anyone is thinking of having a go at sprints but not sure - do it. It's great fun and you don't need to do anything fancy / special to your car to take part. The enjoyment is in beating your own times which you will tend to do throughout the day as you learn the track :smile:

Oh, and thanks to @George@RTR_Parts for sorting me out with brake pads, much appreciated dude!

Cheers,
Ads

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Good effort!

I keep seeing your westfield at the three sisters events (or one that looks very similar). I keep meaning to come and introduce myself but I'm not sure what you look like and don't want to be 'that guy' saying hello to the wrong person haha.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Cheers man.

Haha, yeah, that will be me. I'm a scruffy looking young guy with glasses and a half ginger goatee (think Avid Merrion) :pensive:

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Good effort!

I keep seeing your westfield at the three sisters events (or one that looks very similar). I keep meaning to come and introduce myself but I'm not sure what you look like and don't want to be 'that guy' saying hello to the wrong person haha.

Are you always at the 3 sisters sprint events? I did them all last year, and the one 2 weeks ago

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers man.

Haha, yeah, that will be me. I'm a scruffy looking young guy with glasses and a half ginger goatee (think Avid Merrion) :pensive:

That gives me something to work off then haha I'll come and find you next time, you always seem to go well round there!

Are you always at the 3 sisters sprint events? I did them all last year, and the one 2 weeks ago

I haven't been to any of the sprint events...yet, I go down to their open events every other month :)

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
That gives me something to work off then haha I'll come and find you next time, you always seem to go well round there!

Sounds good :) Welcome to jump in if I have a free seat, or happy to come out with you if you wish!

Our number plate is a stuck on piece of vinyl :wink:
Sprints FTW, proper lazy sunday motorsport.

Haha, nice. I was tempted by that as well, but I more meant stuff like crazy ride heights, dog boxes / paddle shifters, wild cams, fibreglass kart seats as the 'passenger seat', mirrors missing, half the dash removed, etc.

It was a decent day to be honest but not sure I'd have enjoyed it if we didn't get as much track time (7 runs at over 2 mins a run). Spending half a week of evenings prepping the car, £100 on fuel travelling and £120 entry to drive for less than 5 minutes would wear thin fairly quickly I think!

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Yeah, it was a fairly quiet one and could get 2 cars on track at a time, which is why I'm wondering if I wouldn't enjoy a 'normal' sprint...