ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeak when turning?

BPY

16v 1.2
Hi, I was wondering if anyone in this forum can help. Came across this squeak when the steering wheel moves in a certain position, the video is below, does anyone know what it could be?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 1.2 2002
I've been having a few issues with a knocking noise when going over potholes and I also had a squeak exactly like this. The guy told me that it was the top mounts and springs that needed replacing at first. Then he told me that it was infact the steering rack that needed replacing. With this done my squeak has stopped, but the knocking is still there. Does anybody have any ideas what it could be and is it just a coincidence that with the steering Rack being replaced the squeak stopped or was the squeak actually from the old steering rack ?

BPY

16v 1.2
I've been having a few issues with a knocking noise when going over potholes and I also had a squeak exactly like this. The guy told me that it was the top mounts and springs that needed replacing at first. Then he told me that it was infact the steering rack that needed replacing. With this done my squeak has stopped, but the knocking is still there. Does anybody have any ideas what it could be and is it just a coincidence that with the steering Rack being replaced the squeak stopped or was the squeak actually from the old steering rack ?
How much did having the steering rack replaced set you back?

Clio 172 Cup
That sounds like the rubber top mounts rubbing on the chassis, there is a fix involves some washers iirc!