ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky/Crashy Ktec coilovers

Civic Type S GT
Ive had my coilovers fitted a month or so now but noticed that on full lock, or near full lock I get a horrible squeaky, crashy sound coming from them? Its hard to describe, sort of like rubbing.

Any ideas what this is or how it can be stopped?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I've got KW mate and it's exactly the same on the O/S.

Think it might be the bearing, I'm gonna order a new one and see.

Civic Type S GT
I sh!t myself everytime it does it, keeping thinking my suspension is just going to snap.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I sh!t myself everytime it does it, keeping thinking my suspension is just going to snap.

Exactly the same with me mate, I went to Arnold Clarke today for the part, they sent me to Wigan which was 30 miles away...I got there and they gave me the top mount, was fuming!

Anyway I've managed to order the actual bearing so I'm picking it up in the morning :)

I'll let you know whether it fixes it or not :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Was in Liverpool when I rang up so was quite annoyed tbh.

Oh well, decent drive in the sun :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Changed the bearing today mate and it made no difference, however I had missed out a black spacer that was needed in the setup. All sorted now and made up with the car :)

If you had spacers and you didn't fit them, that could by why :)

Civic Type S GT
Orite. Well everything that was in the box has been put onto the car. Maybe it's the top mounts.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Take the bearing out and check it, it should spin freely etc.

Is the other side ok or is it both sides?

Civic Type S GT
It's when you've put a full lock onto the left, then it sounds like it's going to snap. :S

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Its your strut tops dude... Mine use to do it on full lock with my cup suspension... When I got my AST coilovers & AST solid strut tops it stopped...

02' PH1 172
I had a bent driveshaft that did the same thing on lock, worth a check, but could defo be the top mounts

Civic Type S GT
Orite cool, right that means it's top mount shopping time then I think. Bearing in mind I have ktec coilies, think I'm best with the ktec top mounts?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
It is when you're moving mate or when stationary?

Have you tried swapping your top mounts around to see if it comes from the opposite side?

Also have you got anyone to sit in the car and turn the wheel to see if you can work out where about the noise is coming from?

Civic Type S GT
When it's moving matey.
The noise only started after having the coilovers fitted, noise comes from I'm 90% sure passenger side.
I don't know how to change my top mounts bud.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
It definately doesnt do it stationary?

To change the top mounts round, you need an allen key set (cant remember the size), a 14mm 1/2" drive spark socket with the plastic middle bit removed, adjustable spanner and a pair of grips.

The allen key goes through the socket (on the top mount) to keep the shock still, you loosen that round while holding the allen key still.

I don't live too far away from you if you want to pop down soonish and I can have a look?

Last edited:
  Civic Type S GT
That would be great mate!! I could meet you half way sometime, be easier for you.

I've never really seen if it does when stationary to be fair mate, I'll have to have a wee check tomorrow.