ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeaky suspension when cold??

Dynamique S TCE
Hello all, I have a Mk3 1.2tce clio on 12k miles, and under 'sharp' acceleration & deceleration upon lift off, I get a short high pitched squeak.

It only happens for a short while from cold until just after my water gets up to temperature, and doesnt squeak when negotiating speed bumps and pot holes.

The only thing I can think of is back in january after all of the snow, the suspension started to squeak on speedbumps, but that has since stopped (Something to do with the salt in grit wearing away some kind of coating?). Could these occurances be connected, although it doesn't squeak on speedbumps?

Any helpful info I may have missed?

Thanks in advance :)

Dynamique S TCE
Bit of an update, turns out its nothing to do with the suspension at all.

When cold, sitting in neutral and not moving, jabbing the throttle causes the revs to dip right down and almost stall, and then pick up. The squeaks are still apparant, one as more fuel is sent to the engine and once again when the engine stops 'accelerating'. Can the engine mounts be causing the noise? The only other thing I can think of is something to do with the bov, maybe a stiff/rusted spring?

The car is still under full warranty, so I plan on taking it into the local dealers when I get a chance, but can anyone shine some light onto my situation please?

Westy. MX5
With the very dry weather the suspension can get squeaky, is it quiet when driving in the rain? With so many metal against rubber parts on a car it's hard to pinpoint the cause. To eliminate the aux belt and pulleys spray them with WD40 and see if it goes quiet, the WD40 will burn off in a minute or so.

Dynamique S TCE
Its definitely not the suspension as I suspected before, I dont think it is something to do with the weather as it seems to be only happening when the engine is cold up until maybe 10 minutes after the water gets up to temperature. Ill try the WD40 on the aux belt and pulleys tomorrow.

Thanks alot for your reply :)

Westy. MX5
You'll have to stick your head in the engine bay while someone starts it up when cold, hopefully that will get you nearer the noise.