ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squealing/sqeaking from front wheels

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
ok guys hope you could point me in the right direction of this problem im having.

only does it in 1st/2nd gear when driving under 15mph.
gets louders when you accerate till about 15mph.
when pressing the brakes sounds goes, no squealing/sqeaking when using brakes.

so when im sitting in london traffic and its moving slowly and stopping i hear this noise like mice are getting butchered in my wheels.

cheers for any advice

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
I've been having that problem with my 182 aswell, the garage i go to can't seem to sort it out, and its really annoying when you're cruisin!

MK1 Clio 16v
If a pad is rubbing slightly while you're rolling, then that'll make squealing noises, and when you apply your brakes, you put pressure on the pad which stops the squeal.

Get some new pads? Or new disks? Worth checking your bearings first though.

I'm sure there are people here who can give better advice than me though..

EDIT: Oh and another thing, my friend has a 182 and he's just bought a new brake kit for the front, new disks, pads, etc, and his still screetch a bit, but not very loud, just normal brake screetches, but that's due to the high metal content in his pads.

I have some pads i bought from GSF on my valver and they don't squeal at all.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Dave3141 said:
lol. you muppet. Just live with the squeeking, i hadnt even noticed that they had stopped doing it.

ahhh.. maybe cos it never it before and it shouldnt do it and somethings not right. so if im a muppet for wanting to keep my car in tip top shape then i am but if you ask me the muppet is who doesnt give a flying fu*cking monkeys arse crack about looking after there car which can also lead to his/her car be unsafe on the road and risk other people's lifes.

It could be one of the wheel bearings, the bearing could be cracked or jus about 2 crack. I had the same problem on my car, it was fine till bout 15mph then it sounded like I was torturing my exhaust as I accelereated:rasp:

R35 GTR
E-ray_172 said:
ahhh.. maybe cos it never it before and it shouldnt do it and somethings not right. so if im a muppet for wanting to keep my car in tip top shape then i am but if you ask me the muppet is who doesnt give a flying fu*cking monkeys arse crack about looking after there car which can also lead to his/her car be unsafe on the road and risk other people's lifes.

read what the guy put, spray wd40 on the f**king brakes!!!!

I wasnt calling you a muppet. And are you saying i dont give a f**k about keeping my car safe? I have spent the last f**king month, every day getting my car in TIP TOP condition.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Dave3141 said:
read what the guy put, spray wd40 on the f**king brakes!!!!

I wasnt calling you a muppet. And are you saying i dont give a f**k about keeping my car safe? I have spent the last f**king month, every day getting my car in TIP TOP condition.

do you want me to give you a break down of the post i wrote, ok here we go fella.

my quote- ahh- meaning= abit confused.
my quote- maybe cos it never before and it shouldnt do it and somethings not right- meaning= abit worried about the noise and the safety of my passengers and other road users.
my quote-so if im a muppet for wanting to keep my car in tip top shape then i am - meaning= il rather make sure my car is safe then be sorry.
my quote- the muppet is who doesnt give a flying fu*cking monkeys arse crack about looking after there car which can also lead to his/her car be unsafe on the road and risk other people's lifes. meaning= the person whos car is a unworthy on the road to cause risk to them selfs and other road users is the muppet. End of my post.

back to your question do i think you dont give a f*ck about your car, as from above you can see i have not aimed any of it directly to you.
so if your trying to dig me out i really cant be fu*cked to talk like a internet warrior on a forum, if you got a problem then just send me a pm il give you my number or you send me yours and we can deal with it that way or im sure we meet up on a meet in the near future as there seems to be a mis-understanding i reckon.

R35 GTR
E-ray_172 said:
or im sure we meet up on a meet in the near future as there seems to be a mis-understanding i reckon.

I hope it doesnt come to this mate. I dont like violence.

MK1 Clio Versailles
I get a small squeaking sound when slowly turning corners (like McDonalds drive thrus [good example I know :p]).

Also, when I reverse and again do a tight turn it also squeals. My Dad said something might be in the tyre and it's just clipping the ground but it sounds like something else...

^^ erm putting WD40 on brakes..........right well if ur gunna do that u may aswell take off the brakes an throw them away aleast u save weight this way so u can go faster into the wall and feel less pain when u die lol

R35 GTR
ant said:
:D what is it with you and violence?

I dont like it, but am still training to kick arse, just in case anyone starts anything on me.

Best way to win a fight is not to fight.

Bye Bye 182....
Dave3141 said:
I dont like it, but am still training to kick arse, just in case anyone starts anything on me.

But if you have to you make damn sure you win ehh Dave? :approve:

R

Rebecca

Dave3141 said:

I saw you training sweety. You were kicking the stuffing out of those pads. I'm going back next week too.

Rebecca

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Dave3141 said:
The original point I was making, the guy is not clever for suggesting that.

Not clever!! Not at all, my post above is more accurate.