ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

LEXUS LS400
I replaced my front pads at the weekend as the old ones were a bit worn and occasionally squealed when cold. The new ones (el cheapo KTR Ultimax) squeal like a byatch all the time, unless I brake hard, which is a bit impractical.

I used copper slip on the backs of the pads and the discs look OK, but there were no shims... are there supposed to be ?

I haven't given them a good bedding in yet - is the bedding in compound causing the squeak (not had it on any other car I've owned, though) ?

Any thoughts, other than try a different set of pads ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

LEXUS LS400
were they all assembled correctly? any retaining clips or pins put back in place etc?

There weren't any clips or pins On the fronts... the calliper housing holds the pads in. The pads also have springs built in. I have changed pads stacks of times... they are definitely fitted correctly.

LEXUS LS400
Since when did you have to replace discs at the same time as pads ???

The discs look relatively new... there appears to be hardly any wear on them at all.

LEXUS LS400
Sorted !

Used some wire wool to clean up the disc on the front offside and slapped a bit more copper slip on the back of the pads and Robert's your mother's brother...