ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeking front wheel/brake

Focus ST-3
I have searched the threads and found nothing that answers my question, so yet another 'squeek' thread...

When driving at low speeds i can hear a squeek coming from the drivers front wheel, its not when braking but when driving. I have new discs and pad within the last year.

doing my nut in, so any ideas would be helpful...

cheers

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I just had this. Possibly same problem? I had discs and pads fitted a couple of weeks ago and shortly after the NSF brake was squeaking. Problem was a sticking caliper.
Touch the wheel after a drive and feel if it's a lot hotter than the other wheel.
See if this helps.

Focus ST-3
Yes you are spot on mate, my brakes feel like they are binding when crawling along and that wheel does feel a lot hotter. How do I stop it then? What did you do?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Sadly had to replace caliper. Approx £85 on exchange of old caliper with Renault dealer. The pistons seize and can't do anything to rectify.

Focus ST-3
Really? That's a shitter, there's nothing that can be done using the existing caliper?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Sadly not according to 2 techies I spoke to. Try not to drive until got sorted cos you'll knacker the pad ANC disc on that side.

Westy. MX5
You could take the caliper of the car and and refurbish the caliper. Bit of a pain to do so it may be easier to buy a new one, depends on how DIY confident you are.

Focus ST-3
You could take the caliper of the car and and refurbish the caliper. Bit of a pain to do so it may be easier to buy a new one, depends on how DIY confident you are.
Yeh that's what I was thinking, for £90 you can even send front 2 to biggred for refurbishment, but then does mean no driving for 7-10 days...