ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeeky brakes in a different way?

1.4 16v mk2
i did try to search before being slated :rasp:

but the brakes squeek alot of the time but its not the actual pads,disc its the pedal that seems to be squeeking to me?

it may not be but im sure thats where its coming from, any ideas on how to stop it cause its bloody irritating?

RS 182 Cup
I also have this problem - the brake pedel squeeking when pressed. Before I go at it, has anyone any tips!

Golf GTD Mk7
is it definately the brake pedal and not the clutch pedal? also, what is the noise like, and when do you hear it?

RS 182 Cup
Yes, when the brake pedal is pressed, normally worse when gentle braking, the annoying squeek is there. I am very tempted to just spray a little lube there! before I do any better fix?

172 cup
Had a mechanic look into my brakesduring my service about a week ago because I had the same issue where everything seemed to okay, he told me after inspecting everything that it could just be the dampness - consider that sometimes there are no solutions and sometimes that's just the way it is my friend. :) As the Big Yin said, turn the radio up!

ITB'd MK1
spray a load of wd-40 on the pedal pivot to rinse out the powdered rust that will be there (use a rag to catch the drips) then add some grease to stop it drying out again