ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeling noise from engine?

Renaultsport 182
Hi everyone recently my car has started making a squealing noise in the engine, first I thought fanbelt but I've learned it can't be as they are electric on 182's. My car is an 04 clio 182 just to state.

Recently had the cambelt done, also the car keeps leaking coolant / water from somewhere underneath the engine that I can't see as I don't have a ramp to get the car on to have a look, I'm thinking the water pump is about to go, does this sound right and is this a big job eg cambelt back off etc? Very new to these cars only had it since November 14 and I'm a plasterer so I only know basic car stuff! Please help! Thanks

RS RIP
may be your waterpump is shot.. mine was and had the same symptoms. Supposably they never break. Mine did. Was also leaking, and heard the "squeal" on startup. Waterpump luckily is run by the auxbelt iic, which is a far less big of a job

Renaultsport 182
Done some research and saw that mate, that's lucky then.. How much did you pay for it fixing? Is to do-able or is it a garage job?

Renaultsport 182
may be your waterpump is shot.. mine was and had the same symptoms. Supposably they never break. Mine did. Was also leaking, and heard the "squeal" on startup. Waterpump luckily is run by the auxbelt iic, which is a far less big of a job

Also mate is the car safe to drive whilst whistling if driven very slowly?

RS RIP
yeah shouldn't be a problem. I drove mine for a while , the leaking will get worse before it actually breaks. Make sure it's a genuine Renault waterpump because the aftermarket ones have inferior plastic moving parts instead of metal parts.
Watch your temp and waterlevel in the meanwhile !

Renaultsport 182
yeah shouldn't be a problem. I drove mine for a while , the leaking will get worse before it actually breaks. Make sure it's a genuine Renault waterpump because the aftermarket ones have inferior plastic moving parts instead of metal parts.

Will do mate cheers. the squeeling is quite embarrassing though as its doing it as I drive around not just on start up lol how much did it cost labour?