ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 182 cat semi circle fitting?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Quick one , where the cat fixes to the manifold is it surposed to only be a semi circle fitting on the cat side or has it rotted off?

Last edited:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well got it off and it looks like the b******s rotted, now to see if it will weld.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well I thought I'd update this for anyone in the same boat in the future.

The plate that joins the Cat to the manifold seen here:
18092011007.jpg

Mine however did not look like this and had rusted away so rather than two holes I just had two half circles. How the hell this manged to happen I don't know as the rest of the metal looked alright. I wasn't keen on shelling out some money on another cat when mine works perfectly fine so I figured I'd weld a new plate to the end. I initially planned to remake the whole thing as one new piece as I didn't think it would weld very well, However it actually welded pretty well so I welded on a couple of nuts on instead.
picture.php

I fucked off the original bolts and replaced them with some threaded bar, a few washers, original springs and double nutted the ends. All in all it seems pretty solid, Slight leak when its cold but some gun gum should sort that out.