ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Clio Williams

Clio v6
Is your Clio Williams 100% factory standard?

Please read the question a few times before answering standard apart from.

Trophy
Think the hardest thing to maintain the same is the tyres as they are no longer available.
Other than that mine is standard.

Mat.

106 GTi
matbrown said:
Think the hardest thing to maintain the same is the tyres as they are no longer available.
Other than that mine is standard.

Mat.

No one has done what the Ford RS owners do and brought up the remaining standard tyres then!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ah the old dunlop D40's...They are well expensive now
I believe every now and then they do a limited run of them at the factory...

ian

Lee

BMW M2C
I reckon Chris on here, his misses Shelly has a 100% standard one, even the tyres and exhaust system are original. Immaculate car.

106 GTi
Lee said:
I reckon Chris on here, his misses Shelly has a 100% standard one, even the tyres and exhaust system are original. Immaculate car.

Sounds like my kind of Williams.

To be Dash's level of factory standard it has to have dealer number plates and tax disc holer though ;)

Clio v6
Did the Williams come out of the factory with a kid seat fitted as standard? I know I'm very, very old but I don't remember the Williams booster in the back of my one.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
King Stromba has a factory standard car down to the original tyres, radio and dealer number plates (0200). His number 0002 is mechanically original but has an after market radio.

Smokey McPot also has Ben H's old car which is standard down to the original Renault locking wheels nuts, dealers plates and tax disk holder (number 0123).

Enid also has a factory standard car i believe (number 0252). As does Jamie Cameron from Scotland (number 0289 i think)

If you want to know the history of the cars and whether they are standard www.f7power.com has a register of williams 1's, along with their history.

There are alot of standard williams 1's.

r-jay said:
No one has done what the Ford RS owners do and brought up the remaining standard tyres then!

Ive seen Strombas garage and he has 10 or so brand new Pilot HX's in storage in there, all stickered up, never been used. He also has a spare engine and gearbox as well as a boxed set of unused alloys.

r-jay said:
Any of these cars going to be at this years shows?

Doubt youll see any at the shows where they play crap drum and bass and have ugly girls walking around the various salmonella vans. If you go to a proper car show like Goodwood, you may see some.

williams and trophy
r-jay said:
Sounds like my kind of Williams.

To be Dash's level of factory standard it has to have dealer number plates and tax disc holer though ;)

i have them also....still on the car......and no kiddy seats in it either now lol.....unfortunately it doesnt have the original mats tho.as they werent up to my high standards

106 GTi
Fred2001Dynamic said:
Williams 0001 might be..........

Be good to see.

pat_symondswilliams3 said:
Doubt youll see any at the shows where they dont play crap drum and bass and have ugly girls walking around the various salmonella vans. If you go to a proper car show like Goodwood, you may see some.

Hoping to see some at the F.O.S this year then!

106 GTi
2 live said:
unfortunately it doesnt have the original mats tho.as they werent up to my high standards

Well - what you have to do is take them out and store them for the future, and run some that are day to day.

Lee

BMW M2C
Doubt youll see any at the shows where they play crap drum and bass and have ugly girls walking around the various salmonella vans. If you go to a proper car show like Goodwood, you may see some.

He attended the FCS last year.

williams and trophy
King Stromba has a factory standard car down to the original tyres, radio and dealer number plates (0200). His number 0002 is mechanically original but has an after market radio.

Smokey McPot also has Ben H's old car which is standard down to the original Renault locking wheels nuts, dealers plates and tax disk holder (number 0123).

Enid also has a factory standard car i believe (number 0252). As does Jamie Cameron from Scotland (number 0289 i think)

If you want to know the history of the cars and whether they are standard www.f7power.com has a register of williams 1's, along with their history.

There are alot of standard williams 1's.

0002 has been painted.....hows that std??

there are a lot of standard williams' about......unfortunately..the ones with bodywork as it left the factory are at a minimal...only a few of us left now...mechanically things wear, as with all cars, so most will have had replacement parts at some stage of their, documented or not.

SC 172 FF
nope not standard....was when i bought it but since then iv changed the sterio, my CAT went so had a decat and SS put on and i had a puncture so hasnt got the standard tires anymore o and an uprated heavy duty batery as well.......apart from that though ;)

2 live said:
0002 has been painted.....hows that std??

there are a lot of standard williams' about......unfortunately..the ones with bodywork as it left the factory are at a minimal...only a few of us left now...mechanically things wear, as with all cars, so most will have had replacement parts at some stage of their, documented or not.

I agree. Very rare to find an unpainted car. Hence the wheels on your car are not original, but refurbs.

r-jay said:
What about low mileage examples tucked away?

There is 0001 and 0048 on low miles. Stromba also claims he knows where 0003 is, but wont tell anyone until he has seen it. I think 0004 and 0005 are still owned by dealers or were until recently. There is also a high number car that has done about 1000 miles from new.

Stromba told me that he once by accident met the old secretary / admin bod for Renault UK boss at the time the car came out. She told him where all the low number cars went and who owned them at the time. Thats how he found out 0001 hadnt been crashed as everyone thought.

The guy might be lying, but usually with him hes right. He bloody obsessed with these things.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
my 3 had a s/s exhaust, not a decat just zorst so i think that counts as u dont get f**k all from that power wise.

Lee

BMW M2C
We've heard all Stombas tails before, as has every motoring forum in the world. For the love of god stop. lol

Did he tell you the one about the Williams thrashing the NSX?

Lee said:
We've heard all Stombas tails before, as has every motoring forum in the world. For the love of god stop. lol

Did he tell you the one about the Williams thrashing the NSX?

I didnt like the guy until i met him. Hes sound if you ask me. And say what you like about him, but you cant deny his knowledge of the cars history is better than anyone elses on these forums. Between Mat Brown and him, there isnt much they dont know about the Williams cars.

williams and trophy
I agree. Very rare to find an unpainted car. Hence the wheels on your car are not original, but refurbs.

yes they have mate.....but theyv bin done right at least lol...and il fully admit to anyone who asks that theyv been refurbed by pro clean of prescott..

but the bodywork hasnt seen a spray booth or tin of paint since it left the factory.......which to me is more important tbh.....and even if i may say so myself, mine is probably one of the cleanest examples you will see on the roads regularly.....as lets face it.....these cars were built to be driven......not stored.

2 live said:
yes they have mate.....but theyv bin done right at least lol...and il fully admit to anyone who asks that theyv been refurbed by pro clean of prescott..

but the bodywork hasnt seen a spray booth or tin of paint since it left the factory.......which to me is more important tbh.....and even if i may say so myself, mine is probably one of the cleanest examples you will see on the roads regularly.....as lets face it.....these cars were built to be driven......not stored.

Thats true. I take it you were having a dig at strombas car? They are indeed built to be driven, but when you own 3 of them, you can afford to leave two of them in storage:clown: ;)

SC 172 FF
EVOgone said:
Why i used to have a Williams when they were new and the Cup is quicker...

lol u cant have a convo on here these days without the old mrk1 Vs mrk2 or williams Vs 182 cumin up.....

in response u sed u HEARD, also u used 2 own 1 wen they were 1st released so unless u owned it up untill the 182s cum out and have driven both u cant used personal preference....of course uv got ur opinion but thats all it is! its not FACT ;) lol

anyway....bk on topic!

EVOgone said:
Why i used to have a Williams when they were new and the Cup is quicker...

I can think of two other people who own both a mk2 and mk1 at the same time NOW. And one that has owned both.

Smokey Mcpot has a cup and Williams. He says there is nothing in it. Maybe the cup edges it (or should that be hedges it;) )

Stromba and jill own a 172 and 3 williams'. 0002 and 0200 are as quick as the 172 (both low mileage cars with less than 20,000 miles on the clocks between them), and the other williams (dont know the number, but its on 60k) is marginally faster (more run in?). So no real difference.

Enid also used to own a cup and now has a williams, and again in terms of straight line speed there was nothing in it.

I cant say how fast my williams 3 is as ive never driven a mk2 to compare.

williams and trophy
no mate its not a dig at strombas car at all..i used to have 2 williams' meself.....u cant drive em both.

all im sayin is...bodywork is more important than mechs. have been saying this for years. if the bodyworks std, untouched.and generally in good condition, then its a rite un...too many dogs out there now. but i dont suppose that keeping them stored will do them much good tbh......

thort he only had 2 now...he sold 0002 to his dad or summat years ago......0200 hes got....then jus bought a shitter apparently.