ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Cup Wheels/Tires On A 172

Looking to get my dealer put standard Cup wheel/tyre combo on my new 172.....

Any technical disadvantages to this or are they all the same size?

Any idea what the charge will be?...they are dithering over price!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

an advantage will be you will get a wider track, as the offset on the Cups is different.

My Speedline Turini 16" +Toyo Proxes weighs .5kg more than the standard 15" mk1 OZ wheel +Michelins. Not super light.

Err whys it cack? Ive read it an official Ren advertisement..and its good that they went into that kind of attention to detail. Stiffer sidewalls improve lateral stability..more grip, more G, which will make the car faster overall..the name of the game remember!

-Rob

320d M Sport

im saying its cack that:

a mk2172 195/45/16 Conti weighs more than a Cup 195/45/16.

as for stiffer sidewalls, i heard that too but cant help thinking its a sales blag?

Rob your talking crap 172 contis and cup contis are exactly the same tyre theres nothink different between the two, i work for reno and asked the lads in the tyre bay and they said both cars get fitted with the same tyres. Never believe what you read, didnt they say they were going to bring out extras for the cup like bucket seats and roll cages ect but have you seen or heard of any body with this no because it hasnt been brought out, its all sales hype.

Paul

Integra DC5 Type R

I am buying some Speedline Turinis (cup alloys) for my 172... im getting 17s tho. The 17" and 18" Turinis are made by the Speedline Flowforming process and make them lighter and stronger than the 16s... according to Speedline... they are lighter than the standard 172 rims cos the Turinis are cast aluminium...

I was reading Evo last night (the new issue) and theres a big article about the cup, 172 & V6. The article does suggest that the Cup has special compound tyres which are different to the 172.....

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Rick_172 on 24 August 2003

I am buying some Speedline Turinis (cup alloys) for my 172... im getting 17s tho. The 17" and 18" Turinis are made by the Speedline Flowforming process and make them lighter and stronger than the 16s... according to Speedline... they are lighter than the standard 172 rims cos the Turinis are cast aluminium...
Theyre not lighter than the standard 172 rims but that are only about 100grams difference - according to my bathroom scales anyway!