ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter motor. Where from/Hard to change?

Now Sold :-(
Mates starter motor has died on his 182.
Have had a search and see some people have had issues with non Renault parts as they didn't fit properly. Anyone offer suggestions on where to source one or is it going to be ££££ from Renault.

Also how difficult a job if fitting a new motor? Straight forward unbolt old bolt in new or are there a few other bits in the way?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Golf GTD Mk7
I'd imagine that any eurocarparts, GSF etc would stock them. Fitting wise, they are in a pig of a place. I'm not sure if you need to remove the exhaust mani to get to them. It's a bit tight in there.

Megane dci 130
182's are worse than 172's. Its possible that you will need to remove the exhaust manifold to get it out.

Trophy Turbo :)
I also have a Starter motoer thats i dare say 5 months old! Drop me a PM, its in fully working order, removed from a track car, before i fitted my megane 225 engine :) Drop me a PM

Cro

Meg'd r27
Can be changed without removing the fanimold but super fiddly, working both underneath and from the top. Just 3 bolts though, a spade connector and a nut gets it off

Now Sold :-(
Well having spoken to him this evening seems he couldn't wait and took the car in to his local garage. They kindly relieved him of £190 to fit a new one.
Rather him than me having seen what you guys were asking for your used ones.