ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Trouble

Hi,

Im findin that every now and then me car as trouble startin and was wonderin if any1 as had this before ?

The starter turns over fine but not gettin any petrol (pump sounds like its kickin). Sumtimes i can get it workin by wigglein the pump wires but not all the time. Not sure if it needs a new pump or if i got dodgy wirein. Maybe its sumthin else causin the prob, i just dunno.

Any help appreciated

Black PH2 172 FF
My 172 doesn't fire every time. I have been told it is probably the TDC sensor. My car is going into Rentech on Thursday to have it checked/replaced....

My 172 doesn't fire every time. I have been told it is probably the TDC sensor. My car is going into Rentech on Thursday to have it checked/replaced....

Dus urs not pump the petrol round or just wont start ?

I was thinkin maybe the TDC sensor but not sure wt it dus :eek:

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Yeah I get this too, the red light always goes out, but sometimes the car will tick over, but not fire up. I thought the battery was on its way out!

CHekc the fuel pump is working them check the injectors are getting power.

I know when it happens i deffo aint gettin no petrol as ive had the pipe of (injector end) when crankin it over.
Not sure how to check for power to the injectors

Clio MK 4
what does the tdc sensor do?

Mine sometimess misfires when left for along time. but starts up second time. Iv had the lambda sensor changed so it not that.

im thinking tdc sensor, coil pack, ht lead or spark plugs. thing is i dont know where or what they look like lol

Just had this happen again and this time i got the RAC out to me.

They seem to think its a poor connection to the TDC Sensor and its a common prob.

Golf
Get you battery checked for free at halfords mate, had starting trouble with mine and turned out me battery only had 61% start capacity

I had this, took off the TDC sensor on Saturday and cleaned it with brake cleaner - it was covered in black clutch dust.., did the throttle body for good measure too, car runs better, and has started everytime no problem, since..

6/468 17poo
Ive got this problem too, happens in the morning fires but doesnt ignite, but always on the button second time over, where abouts is the TDC sensor and what is it?

Ryan

its under the air filter on the gearbox.
Mine was rather clean but i changed it anyways and all seems to be well, but was ok most the time anyways so i'll wait and see.

Heres wt it looks like:

20080813170.gif

Heres where it is(note mines got a blue connector):

20080813173.gif

And thats under the air filter to the left.

Hope this helps.

"Navy" N17 TWO
So it was the TDC sensor you replaced then? lol :)
I have a new one here with a loom but no idea how it's connected :S

So it was the TDC sensor you replaced then? lol :)
I have a new one here with a loom but no idea how it's connected :S

Ye was the TDC sensor i replaced lol
Not sure wt colours the new and old wires r now and i only did mine on sat lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Where do they plug into? :S
The loom I got is just the blue connector with 2 bare wires running out of it - strange

The colours go Pink to White then Yellow to Cream.

Its reli fiddly to soldier as the wires aint that long.

Not a good pic as it was on me fone.

20080814179.gif