ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam/Football manager Issues :(

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, a few years ago, I had Football Manager, purchased online through Steam. Ive since bought a new Computer, with Windows 8, and tried to set it all back up last night.

I downloaded the steam program, logged in, verified my account to this computer and downloaded Football Manager.

It wont work at all. IF I click "play" in steam, I get an egg timer for a few second then nothing. The only way I can get it to do anything, is locate the file locally, right click, check for troubleshoot and then open it. All that happens then however, is a warning box comes up and I get "essential data missing" error box.

I've verified the Cache, re downloaded both Steam and the game, all to no avail.

I've checked that the compatiability box isnt ticked in properties.

Im at my wits end. I dont mind going and buying the game on a Disc, but Im worried if I do, Ill run into this Steam Issue again?

Any ideas?