ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering knock at slight turn without moving

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Just washed my car a few hours ago and paid attention to knock when I play with the steering wheel about 1/4 of turn. The knock can be heard when I turn the steering wheel to left and to the right and from what I heard it come from the left side at the front (my car is a left hand drive). Anybody know this (may be it also a common problem in a clio) problem ?
For check, I turned the steering to left and right at full lock but this is only happen when I turn it about 1/4 of turn or at slight movement of the car.
checked the steering fluid and it is ok.
the car is clio 172 FF MK2 2003 k registry.

L

Clio MkII 172 K reg
I sure that its not related to water from the wash because I checked it few hours ago too and still the knock was there.
Anybody ?

williams 2 turbo
if you could feel it throught the streering wheel, ie slight movement and knock, then its probably a worn union joint of the steering coloum. the mk1 clios are renowed for it, but have never heard of it on a mk2.

182 inside
i've tried everything relating to this knock. still can't find where it's coming from. very common though

Megane 2 GT 165
I got the same knock, but only when cold in the first minutes I drive my car. Also the the steering only knocks when in 0-position so when the wheel are pointing right ahead.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
It must be related to something mechanical but what ?
all I know that it pappen only when cold on slight turn of steering and come from somewhere near the left wheel (my car is left hand drive).