ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering knock

2003 MR2 Roadster
Sometime when I reverse slowly with nearly full lock on I get a knock from the front wheels..What needs looking at?..

www.renparts.co.uk
Possibly CV joint. its a case of replacing the driveshaft, could be a couple of things, if its not getting worse i wouldn't worry a great deal

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
Sounds like what I had, got my CV joint and ball joints replaced on the front, soon sorted it out.

2003 MR2 Roadster
How much would it cost for CV and ball joints replacing approx as I've no idea and dont wanna get ripped off.

Thanks

www.renparts.co.uk
How much would it cost for CV and ball joints replacing approx as I've no idea and dont wanna get ripped off.

Thanks

Ive got a pair of driveshafts (30 day warranty)

Balljoints are dealer only part, they come only complete with the lower arms. Around 45 each if i recall correctly.

Is the noise a constant clicking/knocking when moving on full lock?

www.renparts.co.uk
No it just knocks once when I start reversing with lots of lock on..Its not every time, just now and again.

More like the ball joint, easy enough to do and check, if you want it checking ill do it for you only takes a couple of mins. And if you want it fitting its 30 min job really, very straightforward.

More like the ball joint, easy enough to do and check, if you want it checking ill do it for you only takes a couple of mins. And if you want it fitting its 30 min job really, very straightforward.
How do i check for this as i think my car has this problem.

30 minutes if your lucky though rust etc a pain I've had to strip hubs off before now to get ball joints out.

To check for the issue just jack the car up remove the hweel and see any cuts in the gaiter or play in it.