ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering vague, tramlining. Lost!

FF LY 182
Hi all.

I have a Clio 182 FF that has vague steering and likes to tramline. The steering wheel has to be turned more than 30 degrees off centre before the car wants to steer.

I've already chucked loads of money at it trying to solve this problem. The car has had new inner & outer track rods, ball joints, front & rear shocks, front top mounts & powerflex steering rack bushes.

The car is on cooksport springs, with standard 182 wheels and 205/45r16 Pirelli Pzero Nero gt's (front), Uniroyal Rainsport 2's (rear)

I know it's impossible to properly diagnose online but where should I look next?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Theres a garage in grangetown Cardiff,ex mastertech Renault.Where in Wales are you?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
1D378A26-01A9-4A4C-9AF4-9EE164D6C907_zpskcqemtsu.jpg

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
No problem i had tramlining etc i will pm you what i recently had replaced .Has the car had proper hunter alignment?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Apologies I only read 10% of posts.

I found when I had 205s the car tramlined. With 195s the tram lining is minimal at best

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mines been a bit like this since I had it lowered. Had the tracking done but it's not really any better and assumed it'd be down to the camber now being massively out. Need to get my camber bolts on and then realigned

FF LY 182
Apologies I only read 10% of posts.

I found when I had 205s the car tramlined. With 195s the tram lining is minimal at best

No problem haha.

I have a set of turinis down the shed with 195/45r16's fitted. I bought them with 'Landsail' budget tyres fitted, hence why they're not on the car yet. I'm holding out until I can get some decent tread for those.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
There is a lot to check, but I would change the fluid, check the mounting bushes for wear and the rack for leaks and go from there to rule that side out.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
There is a proper hunter alignment place in Cardif.The guys are brilliant they got my wheel straight and car drove so much better after theie hunter alignment the garage was AA tyres Cardiff

FF LY 182
Mines been a bit like this since I had it lowered. Had the tracking done but it's not really any better and assumed it'd be down to the camber now being massively out. Need to get my camber bolts on and then realigned
That's what the tracking guy told me a couple of months back. He said 'come back with some decent coilovers and then we'll talk' 🙈