ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky stuff around window controls

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
What do people use on the silver bits of trim on the door cards that house the electric window and electric mirror controls. Mine are sticky and covered in dirt and crap and look absolutely mingling.

I think mine are the same as you describe, a gummy sticky dirty looking finish.
I've tried all sorts to remove on them, even Tardis but no luck.
As far as I can find out, it's breakdown of the standard finish and the only sulution is to rub them down and repaint them.
I haven't done mne yet as I'm still waiting for some smart arse to come up with an alternative solution.
Not much help to you I'm afraid but at least you know you're not alone!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah they're fucked. Renault made them out of biodegradable stuff it seems.

Send them to spray shack if you're not a DIY kind of bloke, cheap and effective way if freshening up the inside IMO.

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Renault really fucked up the interior didn't they, steering wheels that wouldn't be out of place in a leper colonial and interior trim that turns stickier than a dodgy nightclub dance floor.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pretty much mate yeah.

£30 and 2 hours on a Saturday will sort the door handles out permanently though and a 'snappy' wheel retrim is about £150 iirc.

Be as good as new then.