ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen R14CUP

Iceberg 172
Unbelievable!

I thought Marky_ was messing about when I first read his post and I thought "what a sick sense of humour he has"! lol

Glad you've got it back, I wouldn't be worried about it being ragged, I bet it's sat there doing nothing.

Aslong as it's not now recorded I'd be over the moon to get it back.

Congrats!

anything
Oh and i had it Re HPI'd this afternoon, and its not down as Stolen Recovered :)

i hope this is the case but on the downside it can take weeks even months to show up on the computer ....still i hope it all works out for you in the long run

R14 CUP
Nah, it was on the computer, we have HPI login's at work (i work for a car supermarket/main dealers) and it was off there as being stolen.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I just joined this place today (but had my Cup 172 for 6 months) and it's great to see a community working together like this. Top work lads!

Lovely car as well.

S1 Rallye Shed
Just read the whole thread glad you got your cup back nice to see the cs lot pull together in your hour of need!!!!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
more damage was done to my williams whilst in the compound yard waiting release than the thiefs did - make sure its not been moved around with a fork lift truck.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Proper chuffed for you that its been found and all is ok. Bit like when MarkCup got his pinched only for it to be found with the keys still in it.

For added security? Just remove some vital fuses.

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat news it was found and you have it back!!!!!

As above, mine went walkies after they broke into our house during working hours and nicked the keys...luckily it was discovered 0.5 mile away the next day...only it didn't have the keys in it.

I ended up paying £385 for new keys, locks, and UCH for peace of mind as technically the scrotes still had the keys.

As for having/wanting the car back after it's been stolen? Why not? It felt just as it did before, performed just as it did before.

If you resign yourself to selling, the little f***ers have won.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i bet you'll not be coming to Mansfield again any time soon!

R14 CUP
awesome sauce

Get it washed and polished
And a good clean it needs too. There is finger print dust all over them. Gonna get valeters to do interior and I will do the exterior done next week.

Do I get the wheels refurbed in silver or same colour??

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Glad you have got it back. As for how it was stolen. What about a copied key? Someone dodgy at suppling dealer, or garage where it has been serviced?

clio 172 cup
very happy for you mate. i havent read all 12 pages but get the gist of it. did the guys who took it get done?

200 Gordini
And a good clean it needs too. There is finger print dust all over them. Gonna get valeters to do interior and I will do the exterior done next week.

Do I get the wheels refurbed in silver or same colour??

Congratulations! Well done to Marky too! :D

I'd say stick with the same colour wheels. Any news on how it was stolen?

Do you know if many miles have been put on?

Last edited:
  R14 CUP
Miles wise, i think it was literally about 5-6, the fuel guage hadn't moved (was on the last bar before the red) and i know because it had literally just gone over 54000.

How it was stolen - is still a mystery to myself. I did get a letter from the police the other day, and it said they would contact me on a monthly basis until something happened (how true that they'll stick to that i don't know)

Iceberg 182
Glad you got the Clio back, i saw it at the Nurburgring when i was last there and i've got it on one of the lap vids lol. Looked very smart! :approve:

Kinda wish i had bought a blue one now

R27
Glad it's all sorted out now, no thanks to those thieving cnuts. Marky_ is a hero!!

Decided on a colour for the wheel refurb yet?