ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP and handbrake light flickering

ph1 track weapon
Hey all,

picked up a ph1 172 recently and a couple of times both the STOP and the handbrake light flickered on whilst i was driving home. they literally came on for a couple of seconds at most, and then off, and flickered as if possibly a loose connection?

car drives spot on, temp is fine, accelerates fine, no knocks,clunks etc, so assuming its a connection of some sort. the only other thing someone suggested was low pads, but dont think the ph1s have sensors for that do they?

any help much appreciated :)

ed

williams 2,seat leon
check the back of the handbrake under the carpet. thats where the swith is as far as im aware. is on older ones. check that , may be loose

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's not the low pad's themselves that bright the light on, iirc it's the lower level on brake fluid?

Check the fluid level and the pad thickness'

If the pads are low, replace, if it's still flickering, top up the fluid.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Just to back up the previous post, mine started doing this recently (only up steep hills), so I checked the fluid and it was low. Topped it up and it is now ok.

ph1 track weapon
ok cheers for that guys, will get on and sort some new fluid out and check the pads :)