ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop and Handbrake Light

172, Westfield
My car had new discs and pads all round in last 2 months

Went in for 72,000 mile service a few weeks back at Renault.

Since I have had it back these two lights keep coming on at random times.

As discs and pads new they cant be low and Renault would have looked at brake fluid (I have also checked and its topped up)

What else could cause this?!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Dont want to scare you, but i had these lights coming on whenever i stopped at lights or was at really low revs.
Did all the tests and the result was my alternator was Fuked.
It was not able to charge the battery properly aand struggled when ever you were on full lock :<

172, Westfield
I checked fluid just before its service and was fine.

Surely as part of the 72K service renault will have also

Is there anything else?! I dont think I have a problem with the alternator

Megane 230 R26
I too was told this meant low brake fluid. Mine flash on and off like I'm at a Disco under sustained cornering at speed (e.g. a spiralling sliproad), so I theorised it was caused by centrifugal force moving the fluid and triggering the level sensor... Renault couldn't offer any explanation at all they just sorta shrugged like they do :dapprove:

When I was looking into it the only other suggestion made was low pads which it obviously can't be with yours... if none of the conditions that supposedly cause it are present then it might well be faulty sensor/wiring/computer/instrument panel?

Have you tried reading the car for fault codes?

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
My battery failed like 2 weekes back, just before i got to the garage to change it those lights came on
test the battery should charge at 12v+ if it dosent then its failing to recharge get a new one the lights will stay on for a bit then it all resets.

thats what i found out :D

Megane 230 R26
That seems nothing short of bizarre to me, why should the STOP and Handbrake lights come on when there's an alternator or battery problem...

What on earth is the errrm... BATTERY light for?!

Renaut never cease to amaze :S

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Have no idead mate, but i had to get the AA to use there stupid power pack to get the car running, orderd a battery at a garage 20 mins away got there had the christmas tree going turnt off swapped the batterys over they were still on. Asked the garage they said give it a couple mins down the road and it will reset, Of which it did!!

Also i rember when i fcuked my Alternator the same lights came on!!

Try a new battery if not then have a look at ur alternator try spot the problem not the cheapest things to replace!! i used Mastic on mine lol