ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storing a car - mould !

172 cup
Had the cleo in a garage for the past year! It’s been good, I’ve left the windows and boot open! But lately it’s started getting mould on the seats and wheel! Is there anything I can do wile it’s there to stop this issue getting worse! Cheers

172 cup
Cheers for the advise , I don’t have electric to the garage as its rented from the local council! The cleo will be in there for at least another 2 years ! If u don’t mind giving me some links to what I can use would be sweet!

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Mines been up on axle stands waiting for parts since the start of December, and I've noticed the insides of all the windows dripping wet recently regardless of the weather. Having had a Clio go mouldy in the past, I ordered SIX of those disposable dehumidifiers (the ones that are basically silica gel in a fancy plastic tub) and one of the reusable microwavable pouches. Cost about a tenner online.

They went in today, I'll let you know how I get on over the next few days ?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Leave a window open and let the air circulate. I had the same problem in my 106 until I opened the side windows and occasionally put a little £30 dehumidifier in it for a day or two just to get any moisture out of the air. I leave the door open on the garage when it's dry also to get the air circulating.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You could get an airchamber if you plan to continue storing cars (long term) in the garage??

Should be able to run the ventilation system off a 12V battery.