ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange high pitched noise

Hi,

There is a strange high pitch noise coming from somewhere outisde the car when driving (i can only hear with the window down), and seems to be mainy at around 40mph, almost sounds like brake squeel from my pads (i've got Ferodo 2500's).

Any idea what this can be? I've had a look at the discs etc closely and no signs of any damage, is there anything common anyone on here has expreinced before?

Thanks,

Alex

Megane
Is this with the drivers window down?

If so mine does it as well, seems to just be the air travelling over the wing mirror then into the car.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
It's the wing mirror, on the passenger side there's the outside temp sensor, on the drivers side there's just a hole, i beleive that's the cause

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
answered my question too! I always wondered what it was, mines a mk3 with the sensor, etc.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
so if i bung the hole with some silicon or something would that stop the whistling/squealing?